Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Garrett ATX Extreme test with Garrett review.

Big Boys Hobbies

I played with one in a relic hunt with Garrett a few weeks back. I can tell you the Garrett ATX Extreme is SUPER SENSITIVE to small things, especially relics. I cant be specific but it is amazing on gold nuggets, very impressive. Its deep too. Better invest in a good relic shovel!

It will be awesome for open fields and bad or highly mineralized ground. Will be perfect for Culpepper VA.

It folds up very small and is impressive on the durability standpoint, very rugged.

We did not get to test it other than in a relic type setting in deep woods so my review is somewhat limited. Didn't get to test the descrim properly as we were in the woods but I can tell you the iron check feature works very well!

They should be out soon. I would get in line if your a open field relic hunter or gold shooter! They will be in huge demand! You will see why when tests start coming out.

Hope that helps some what with questions everyone!

Thanks Bart!

Let us know more about the discrimination when you have clearance to discuss.

Thanks!

Hi Bart,
How would you know it will be perfect for Culpeper. Was the hunt conducted here.? Thanks for your input.

Big Boys Hobbies said:
I played with one in a relic hunt with Garrett a few weeks back. I can tell you the Garrett ATX Extreme is SUPER SENSITIVE to small things, especially relics. I cant be specific but it is amazing on gold nuggets, very impressive. Its deep too. Better invest in a good relic shovel!

It will be awesome for open fields and bad or highly mineralized ground. Will be perfect for Culpepper VA.

It folds up very small and is impressive on the durability standpoint, very rugged.

We did not get to test it other than in a relic type setting in deep woods so my review is somewhat limited. Didn't get to test the descrim properly as we were in the woods but I can tell you the iron check feature works very well!

They should be out soon. I would get in line if your a open field relic hunter or gold shooter! They will be in huge demand! You will see why when tests start coming out.

Theirs nothing more frustrating than reading something that has already been posted for weeks now. Sorry BBH, your not specific, and vague on this whole subject. I am very interested in purchasing the ATX, but at this point I would like to see "Hard Facts" come in from the testers or buyers of this machine. This is a good wack of change we're talking about here (for me anyways).

I really like the features it has BBH and why I am so interested in it, but it would be nice to see some actual performance specs with it in the field (I'm referring to High Mineral areas and Salt Water Specs which I deal with here where I live).

:)

woodchiphustler said:
Hi Bart,
How would you know it will be perfect for Culpeper. Was the hunt conducted here.? Thanks for your input.

I can't go into specifics but it was tested in ground much much worse than Culpepper and did very well.

Night Crawler said:
Big Boys Hobbies said:

Theirs nothing more frustrating than reading something that has already been posted for weeks now. Sorry BBH, your not specific, and vague on this whole subject. I am very interested in purchasing the ATX, but at this point I would like to see "Hard Facts" come in from the testers or buyers of this machine. This is a good wack of change we're talking about here (for me anyways).

I really like the features it has BBH and why I am so interested in it, but it would be nice to see some actual performance specs with it in the field (I'm referring to High Mineral areas and Salt Water Specs which I deal with here where I live).

:)

I am sorry I can't give you all those details. We got to play with it an afternoon in a deep woods relic type setting. I can't give you the hard facts your looking for in that limited amount of time and setting. We were just happy to get to play with it.

More info will be out soon!

If you want to see a vid made in Australia about the ATX go to YouTube. And look for NQEplorers. Warren talks briefly about performance in the nasty WA gold fields.
Warren also shows off all of the basic features as well...about 15 minutes worth.....check it out!

Cheers,

Tye