Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Garrett ATX Metal Detector.

Ozleif

I got my ATX in November of 2013 and it's out of warranty.

For that reason I do not consider the ATX to be "NEW" anymore and think it have now earned it's place to correctly be known as "Garrett ATX Metal Detector"

My ATX is as old as yours, but after so many hours in and finds from salt water I sent mine into Garrett for a checkup/overhaul. When it was returned it is like new, even down to the rusty color of the speaker panel screws. But best of all its performance seems to have improved, maybe it needed a tweak or internal mod that Garrett did while they had it. That's why I am a Garrett swinger...their after purchase service is superior to all other manufacturers I have dealt with, and I own 11 different detectors. Garrett has kept my ATX, ATPro and Infinium in top notch condition in super fast turn-around and at a very reasonable cost when they need a loving technical touch I can not give them.

But I have to say the ATX is Garrett's NEWEST detector in their PI lineup. I think they will have to go some to replace it. Perhaps underwater wireless headphones, a more conventional shaft / camlock setup. and less costly coils with a center mounting shaft. But what an improvement in operation the ATX is over Garrett's OLD PI, the Infinium LS. If their next "NEW" is as great an improvement that the ATX is over the Infinium...I can put up with "NEW" until something NEWER comes along.

Also if John wants to change the Forum's heading...I can live with that also.