Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Garrett Bought Whites!!!

Attachments

• 3BE65F12-D8BD-4686-B733-F86A1DD5B782.jpeg
    3BE65F12-D8BD-4686-B733-F86A1DD5B782.jpeg
    138.5 KB · Views: 175
I hope Garrett keeps the Whites accessories for sale. I've replaced several of my beach and water detector arm rests with the Whites Heavy Duty Arm Cup with Strap. It was / is just very functional and durable for a great price. I wish them well!

So glad the history of the company is staying in the US. When i was 9 years old in 1974, i wanted a white's so badly. I really respect their name. It must have been such a difficult decision for Mr White, but i think it was a good one

My two favorite American companies. Will be interesting.
Used them since the early 1970's.
Whites Coinmasters were my coin and jewelry machines.
Garrett Master Hunters were my relic and old coin machines.

I always knew if there were anything to buy most likely it would be Garretts to purchase. What is there to buy? White's Spectra V3i would be the only thing to buy, and that would be patent/copyright? That is the only thing in the U S, or elsewhere that there is a beautiful graph that displays simultaneously the target in the freq./Khz; likewise, in pinpoint the simultaneously freq./Khz. The other simultaneously Metal Detectors you simply guess what the freq./Khz is.
The first, and perhaps still the leader in multifunction tools had a patent on their tool. Once the patent expired several other multifunction tools were manufactured.
White's must have been holding that patent/copyright.
That will be great for competition. I have always been able to look at those (2) two Metal Detectors, i.e., White's, and Garrett's and see clearly they had superior craftsmanship.
Others their ears break on the coil, cuffs unthread (fall apart). The others have a leading edge in technology?
Competition is great!
Can Garrett now bring the technology forward? If they can't . . . .

Well its made my day. Being using Whites and Garretts since 1977 here in Australia. Both excellent products and my Whites v3i is still right up there in though its 11 years old in technology. The v3i will stay with me till i snuff it. Still swinging at 82.

Sounds like they have all the makins’ for a great SMF that costs about 700 bucks. Wireless, waterproof, and updatable. Hopefully an all new machine designed by both teams from scratch. Maybe they each had one eye open and together they will see with both eyes what needs to be done to be relevant.

Sounds like they have all the makins’ for a great SMF that costs about 700 bucks. Wireless, waterproof, and updatable. Hopefully an all new machine designed by both teams from scratch. Maybe they each had one eye open and together they will see with both eyes what needs to be done to be relevant.
The acquisition does give Garrett some amount of working advantage with the different patents and/or circuitry designs ... and stuff that's not highly patented. White's was down to only a very few decent or functional detector models as they slowly crept down-hill. It was coming, but Garrett can do something worthwhile with those few competitive models.

Don't plan on a brand new detector designed by "both teams." I don't think there was much of an engineer left at White's this past several years, and it sure hasn't ben evident there was one. No 'talk on the block" abut a worthy engineer mentioned as White's closed their doors, and the last savvy design engineer they had is working for the other USA detector maker. I don't think they each had one eye open, but I do believe the folks at Garrett were sharp enough to analyze the value and potential of some of White's design offerings.

It was a surprise to me that Garrett acquired White's, but with the progressive moves they have been making combined with heir excellent global marketing, I think it can be a win-win for Garrett Metal Detectors.

Monte