Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

garrett carret pointer

has any users of the carrett had any trouble with stability. I find that mine has to warm up a long time before it will settle down.
Pin pointers are meant to be momentary, "on-off." I haven't used the carrot in a long time but it always worked in momentary. I never leave a pin pointer on for more than a minute, max.

I am curious what you find out. None of my pin pointers stay on more that a minute, unless by mistake.
has any users of the carrett had any trouble with stability. I find that mine has to warm up a long time before it will settle down.
"I find that mine has to warm up a long time before it will settle down."

Explain "warm up a long time."

I'm thinking I had the same problem. Not the warm up part. But it was very unstable even after many attempts at rebooting. I sent it in to Garrett and for 20 bucks shipping they sent me a brand new one. Haven't had a problem since. The people at Garrett where outstanding... hhricknmi

I'm thinking I had the same problem. Not the warm up part. But it was very unstable even after many attempts at rebooting. I sent it in to Garrett and for 20 bucks shipping they sent me a brand new one. Haven't had a problem since. The people at Garrett where outstanding... hhricknmi
Garretts located here in Garland Texas is a quick drive for me. I took two of my first Garretts pin pointers right in to the factory a couple of times and spent maybe half an hour browsing their finds museum while waiting, FUN! The pointer was given back to me looking brand new, no charge. You should know though that Garretts re-skins your pin pointer by default so it just looks new. You gotta check the serial number on the circuit board underneath the battery cap.

Garretts is great customer service.

I have one that I bought as a backup, but other than making sure it works, I have not used it yet.. still using the original one since 2009… have not noticed any issues with that one until the battery gets weak.
It has been a good one… countless on/offs and even dropped several times, yet it still works fine.

Yep.. still using my first one purchased. I'm thinking 10 years or more. I bought the second one for a backup. That's the one I had problems with. I understand the refurbish protocol at Garrett. I had a blast talking to one of the reps. We BS 'd for a half hour over the phone about detecting. Wish I could go there and check out the business... hhricknmi