Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Garrett Factory tour...

Dalpal

I am on a road trip to get away from what is normally cold, ( Upstate NY) and meandered my way to Northern Texas. So on a whim I called Garrett to see if they would give me a factory tour. They don't give a formal tour but said that one of the customer service people would take me around the factory and give me an idea on how they manufacture their detectors. Sue who many of us have dealt with on the phone gave me a nice little tour through the plant. Although hobby detectors are a big part of the business, walk through and military mine detectors have been a big part of Garretts growth. Sue explained that some of the technology developed in the hobby side has been applied to security and military type detectors.
Many of the molded parts and chips are sub contracted but the coils are all still wound, assembled and tested at Garland. The aluminum shafts are fabricated there and all the parts are assembled and tested at the plant before shipping. Much more hands on than I had imagined. Most of the employees were relatively skilled although it is somewhat of an assembly line process. Besides the tour Garrett has a nice museum of artifacts found by Charles Garrett and many things donated by other detectorists are on display as well.
I f you get a chance to tour the Garrett plant I think you would find it worth the time.

Thanks to Sue for the hospitality.
[(PS) to Sue,] B.RATNY is the guy I was talking about who has many great finds with the PRO and Gold.

Dalpal

Dalpal, Thanks 4R posting the Garrett Factory, Mickfin

That would be something to see for sure. In an age when so many sub out everything to Asia I'm glad to hear so much has been kept in house.

Wow John, that's quite a road trip. I took one to Georga once to watch my son graduate from Army basic training and do a little gold prospecting while I was there, but that was far enough for me. I think I'll stick to airplanes. Sounds like you had a great time.
HH Butch NY