Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Garrett Groundhog Fortune Hunter VLF/TR

diggindirt

How would this compare to a machine today?
How well would it work for basic coin shooting (depth, discrimination....etc).

What would one be worth in excellent condition?

Thanks for any help with these questions

Can't tell you much as it goes back a few decades. Even though technology has made quite a jump since then it still should be a fair coinshooter. Don't even think Garrett stocks parts for it anymore. You might go to the Garrett web site and see if a copy of the manual is still available. Being as old as it is I wouldn't cough up more than a hundred bucks for it. You can buy a new 250 for $200 or less depending on where you get it. Good luck in your decision.

Bill

Those Groundhogs are great little coin shooters and that 15kHz is very sensitive to gold jewelry.:garrett::detecting:
They make great nugget shooters, too. That TR mode is great for eliminating hot rocks.:wiggle:
I agree with Uncle Willy, though. I wouldn't pay more than a couple hundred bucks for one. Best of luck to ya!:biggrin:Happy Hunting!:)

Forgot to mention, as Metalhead did, like a lot of the old Garretts this one has the 15 khz operating frequency which makes it hot on gold rings and jewelry, small gold items, nuggetshooting, and of course coins. Many of these old machines will hold their own with the new stuff out there. I'd check with Garrett to see if they still stock parts in case it needs a little tweaking or tuning up. Since it operates at the same frequency as the Scorpion some of its parts may be able to be swapped. If it's in great shape you may have found a hidden jewel.

Bill