Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Garrett GTAx 1000 PM metal detector

i just got a sweet deal i think 250.00 for a Garrett GTAx 1000 detector just back from Garrett Electronics with new 7x10 Proformance search coil and tuned. Comes with extra 3x7 elliptical coil, rechargeable 2900 mAh batteries, charger, tall man rod, normal rod, and extra arm cuff .i hunt for Coins and Jewelry most of the time .was it a good buy and how good is it

You will find lots of coinage with it.

i have read that it has all metal are is it a Zero mode

Yeah, you got a good deal. It's still an excellent model. Even almost twenty years after it came out. Yeah, the all metal is more like a zero discrimination. Not true non-motion all metal. Pinpoint is non-motion, though.
Nice machine. You'll be quite happy with it.
By the way, the GTA 1000 Ultra was the first unit that I ever used that had an lcd display. I used them for many years.
Best of luck to ya! :biggrin: Happy Hunting! :)

Used one for years and found a lot of goodies with it. You'll have a good time with it.

Yes!! i used one for several years ---owned both chip versions --- the PowerMaster version added at least 2 inches more useable depth over the previous version == about the same depth as the 1250 coil for coil -- the small 3 x 7 DD coil is better in trash (my opinion) than the 4.5 " ---rare hard to find coil , , rick hart

i had a gtax 550 at one point with the 8.5x11 coil and liked it alot so win i seen the gtax 1000 power master for this price i had to have it

audio boost mode will it give me more depth . iam thinking turn up the boost all the way and use the surface elimination to blanice it out

got it to day looks new planing a field trip gota go

got to sit down for a bit man this gtax 1000 power master looks brand new and the 3x7 coil looks good as well . i know this 1000 is oldschool but so am i . looking at the nel coils kellyco has the 10x14 for 104.00 yea i need that . hunting tomorrow i hope that the rain dont get me

i sold a gamma 6000 to buy a garrett .this gtax 1000 pm recovery speed is much faster i got to hunt about 15 min dam rain i hunted a spot i have hunted with the gamma 6000 and my finds went up 4 to 1 then i got to hunt a few min with the 3x7 coil wow i thought i might sell it but no i think i will hang on to it . i think it will be great in trash and get good depth . so guess what iam doing tomorrow go ahead guess. ps it might be old school but it will still hunt . HH

razerback, I knew you would have fun with it. My old GTA500 still detects great. In some areas I actually prefer it over my CTX3030 like in tot lots. Your GTAx1000 is much better than my GTA500 so I know you will find a lot of great things. Actually, if I had the GTAx1000 instead of the GTA500 I probably would have never bought the CTX3030. My GTA500 only gets about 5-6" in depth accurately.

Looks as if you have made a real connection with your GTAX1000PM.
Don't hear many talk about a 3 x 7 coil on this. Am thinking you are lucky
to have it. The stuff in the ground has no idea you are using an old school
detector and a good one at that. Good hunting to you ! Gene

this is my finds for 4hrs hunting i tried to take the 3x7 coil off but it was not going to happen to day i like this little coil i got the clad and a little gold to boot

Gotta love it :clapping: Great Job.

You got a good deal razor like i said that 3x7 coil is a good coil and hard to come by..

Looks like that little 3X7 coil is doing a good job for you ! Believe I would keep it on awhile.
Good hunting to you ! Gene