Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Garrett GTI 2500

prospector 55

What does everyone use there Garrett GTI 2500 for besides coin shooting or as a shovel?

I have used mine to nugget shoot with some very good success, and relic hunt, look for rusty iron to locate small gold that cannot be picked up by any detector, they both stop in the same spot in a placer stream, mine picks up some extremely small pieces of iron in zero mode at up to a foot with my imaging coil in highly mineralized ground I have to use a rare earth magnet to find the iron because I usually can't see them they are very small, in all--metal mode it really finds hot rocks, to me this is my favorite detector, I also drag my Whites TDI along to go extremely deep for relic or nuggets that my GTI cannot see as a target, still the GTI is the most versatile detector out there. I would like to hear what everyone does with there GTI.
:cheers::garrett:

I used my for coins and jewelry, but sadly have neglected it since I got the At/Pro. I wish the At/Pro had treasure talk so when I'm chest or neck deep in the water I would have some type of clue as to the depth and VDI of a target. Guess I'm just lazy, but the 2500 did spoil me a little bit. HH

I use my GTI 1500 for relic hunting. I've been detecting an 1860's Indian campsite for the last 10 years and have dug several hundred artifacts with the 1500. I really like the target sizing; keeps me from digging tiny pieces of iron. I have to be careful what I reject though because I may miss digging small iron arrow pts.
The only negative comment I have, is the weight. It gets hard to swing after 3 or 4 hrs. I bought a Tesoro Vaquero earlier this yr. and will give it a try this fall. I'm hoping I can swing it longer due to the light weight. Just hope it performs as well as the 1500.
Clint

kansa54 said:
I use my GTI 1500 for relic hunting. I've been detecting an 1860's Indian campsite for the last 10 years and have dug several hundred artifacts with the 1500. I really like the target sizing; keeps me from digging tiny pieces of iron. I have to be careful what I reject though because I may miss digging small iron arrow pts.
The only negative comment I have, is the weight. It gets hard to swing after 3 or 4 hrs. I bought a Tesoro Vaquero earlier this yr. and will give it a try this fall. I'm hoping I can swing it longer due to the light weight. Just hope it performs as well as the 1500.
Clint
it will

Coin and jewelery, relic, freshwater beach hunting - my 2500 does it all except for the deeper water hunting. That's where the Sea Hunter comes in. With the Treasure hound, pulled up an old padlock 18 inches down. Love the imaging.

John

For those not aware the all metal mode that ID's is as deep as anything on the market and have a 13 inch barber dime to prove it...Try it for deep stuff and remember its noisy as it picks up all but goes real deep...