Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Garrett Infinium replacement coil test YA BABY!!!!

Black Davy

I have been waiting to get out and use my new replacement coils that Garrett supplied me. I have worked three different locations, one water hunt, one ground hunt and one hunt in a drained public swimming hole.

All I can say is WOW! The new coils and coil wires make a significant difference in the stability and performance of the unit. I can now work with zero threshold and discrimination in complete quiet, no more false tones or static. Ground balancing was not even a issue, I turned it on bobbed it 5-10 times and off I went for hours of detecting without any need for using the slow or fast track, I didn

Hey Black Davy, How do you find out, if a coil needs to be replaced? is the coil number the key? or just contact Garrett:garrett:

Good to hear Davy! I wonder if Steve Hershbach has tried the Infinium with the newer coils? He actually suggested they do that when he was testing the unit before it came out. I wish they would have listened to him then. Might have given a better start for that machine. Either way it good to hear.

clifbuster-bearkat,

They only way would be to contact Garrett. I don't know if Steve has used the newer coils, you are right; Steve was not the only one Phil from the Gold Mining Centre, Garrett

I got the machine yesterday and put it together before I went to work(I am a deputy so I work odd hours). I got the machine a day earlier than expected -(excellent costumer service from KELLYCO). I hit the beach this morning and the picture shows my finds. The machine works as advertised. LOW HIGH and HIGH LOW signals. I ran it with a small amount of back ground threshold and without . It was smooth both in the wet/dry sand and water. I did not submerse the whole machine just the coil. It is heavy and by summers end my right arm will be huge. I think I will use the belt that came with the unit to reduce the weight.
I found you need to listen for faint sounds ,the nickel was found at about 8 - 9 inches, I could almost stand my hand scoop on end in the hole and have it the top even with the top of the hole. I did find I needed to slow down my sweeps. All in all I am impressed with the Infinium believe me If it sucked I would say so.

Thanks Black Davy, for the info on the coils, and I too am looking for a larger coil from Garrett. I also hope soon Mr Reg , will get back to the Infin, I think he would be a big help to us, as he has made some improvements, on the foster , GS5:detecting:

Scrooge,

You are correct, you need to swing the Infinium slow to here the faint tones otherwise that item that is down deep will be missed. You can get a headphone adaptor piece from Garrett for working the dry areas, you can then use aftermarket headphones that will help with the faint tones on the stock headphones. I use to hip mount my control housing but that led to the early demise of my coils and the connections. Even though I have the new coils I am not going to hip mount the housing yet.

Are the bottoms of your coils grey or gloss black, this was the only difference I noticed between my old coils and the new ones.

ivanll,

I looked at your post on P2P and I will try it, I have my unit spread out, making a long shaft.

Yes!

I worked a local park at lunch today with the new 10x14DD. Everything went as expected, I turned on the unit with the coil on the ground, I had a very stable threshold, I moved the threshold knob from 0 to 2 and the unit was quiet the same as the 8" mono and then moved the knob back to 0. I made a few swings, no ground balance was required, this ground was pretty stable, I dug a few tabs and caps with good tones all targets were close to the surface, then headed back to work. This coil was much better than the last. Next I will check out the 7x10. This coil worked fantastic also.