Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Garrett Pinpointer Falsing!

chuckciao

I have the original version of the Garrett Pinpointer (not the Pro Pointer) and have noticed that it falses whenever I locate a target. Generally, when it detects the target, it sounds off and when I pull it away, it continues to sound off (no metal near it). To make it stop, I have to shut it off! Any ideas & suggestions are appreciated!

I have the same problem only it does it 'occasionally'. I've learned to just live with the problem but if you figure out the fix let me know (hopefully before I wear out that on/off button).

Thanks! Mine does it every time I use it! I did come up with a “Fix” I ordered a White’s TRX Bullseye Pinpointer! Cheers

One thing you can try, is to add a small amount of padding in the cap to force a bit more pressure on the battery connections. My pinpointer (also the original) started some falsing. It was worse in hotter temperatures. I eventually got a newer version, and have been happy since. Those original pinpointers were releases quite a long time ago.

Good luck with your outcome! :)

Thanks John, I did indeed try this with no success! It is about 5 years old and might just have outlived it usefulness! Cheers