Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Garrett pinpointer question

kaolinwasher

just got a new garrett propointer AT and in its most sensitive setting i can only detect a dime at 3/4 inch is this what your pinpoiters gets as well

Yup in the air.
Though it's seems more in the ground.
Don't forget you can tune to ground and even detune to any target with a quick press of the button. You can actually make any targets disappear.

Ya I asked the lady rep, why not just test each one before you send it out , take a dime put it in mode 3 and see if it hits that dime at 2" if not fix it

As SL52 mentioned you are most likely in the weakest setting. You should get more than 3/4”

Attachments

• E1F0B40B-8193-4698-8901-9C744004BC2F.jpeg
    E1F0B40B-8193-4698-8901-9C744004BC2F.jpeg
    568.3 KB · Views: 118
I have just a few days before i go back to work and detecting is over so basically its over , I think they must be subing out the manufacturing to china , and this is what happens

After it's on. Press and hold until it beeps and or vibrates. Then light will be flashing.
Here you have 6 modes of operation.
Three beep and vibrate.
Three vibrate only.
Each press moves from one thru three.
Vibrate three. Levels 1..2..3 of sensitivity.
Then vibrate beep levels 1..2..3.
That depends on what mode you started in.
Love my Carrot !!!

A genuine Garrett product is made in the USA but their "Carrot" is a common Chinese knock off. Did you purchase it from a proper dealer or from some place like Amazon?

I called Garrett, and I am going to get a new one , Hope the next one is normal and works , I wonder how many bad ones got thru

I called Garrett, and I am going to get a new one , Hope the next one is normal and works , I wonder how many bad ones got thru
Good to hear Gunnar! Now that's top-notch customer service!

Not seeing this part but to reiterate…
1 is weakest, 2 is medium, and three is maximum. I set on 2 and dig extra if I cant find the target. Usually if I try 3 the whole plug sounds off and then indicative of larger item buried.

Got the replacement pinpoiter form Garrett, and this time it worked even in mode 2 it hits a dime about 2 Inches and about a full 3 in the high mode very pleased , and exelent costomer service from Garrett

Got the replacement pinpoiter form Garrett, and this time it worked even in mode 2 it hits a dime about 2 Inches and about a full 3 in the high mode very pleased , and exelent costomer service from Garrett.
Glad to hear you were quickly taken care of. I started with an original black Garrett pinpointer that worked okay but was only used a lot for one year. I moved on, but with the new Z-Lynk design and pairing with the MS-3 Headphones, I have c been very pleased and rely on the orange Z-Linked ProPointer!

Monte

Took it out for a real dig , and i was pleasantly supersized plenty of depth in 2 strength . easy to hear , my Mi 4 was hard to hear , not the Garrett, when i turned it on it turned on when i turned it off it went off. I cant tell you how frustrating the Mi 4 was somtimes when turning it on it would go into another mode, and same shutting it off. somthing is way smoother than my other pinpointer picture is of todays finds using it

Attachments

• 20220813_175642.jpg
    20220813_175642.jpg
    532.2 KB · Views: 117
Glad you have your pinpointer dilemma all straightened out. Gunnar is back in action!

thanks jimmy