Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

garrett pinpointer

john sullivan

i have a garrett pin pointer, three years old, i use it about two hours per week when weather permits,no rough treatment. have sent it back twice to be repaired.did i just get a lemon or do all of them have trouble?

I own two. The first one I bought almost 4 years ago has no issues and still works perfectly. But my more recent purchase has a tendency to chirp and chatter randomly ... Not enough to want me to send it back but still annoying. If it gets worse I will ship it back.

n/t

They do get erratic as and when the battery power is low !

I have disassemble few my Garrett pro pointers after they become to much erratic and sensitive, in circuitry board found nothing what I was able to understand but in ,,tip,, Pro Pointer coil found problem-broken ferrite stick inside copper wiring, because they are very fragile and can easily brake under pressure in use. Not in all Garrett Pro Pointers this two inches long ferrite coil are glued perfect--with the same amount glue around them because they are glued by hand and everything depends from the worker experience and from this depends how much this coil can withstand pressure in use.
In my situation I sent not one email to Garrett Europe repair center in Germany after they agree to repair my Pro Pointer for free , but only if I pay Shipping,maybe its logic but decided not to send but glue my self my Ferrite with epoxy and one Pro pointer now works another broken... My advice for all ProPoinres users if you get pro pointer erratic and tip coil to sensitive for pressure sent it to Garrett because coil inside is broken. Just little bit squeeze and bent between fingers with very little force your Pro Pointer tip and if you get signal coil broken.

Have problems with mine same problem with the new minelab one as well. One thing that helps with mine is fold up small piece of card board and stick it in cap as to keep battery in contact with connectors at all times helped with mine and my buddies. hope this helps