Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Garrett Pro pointer At

BarberDan

I'm very pleased with the improvements made to the pro pointer. No more falsing when you push on it. ...and I can use it in vibrate only mode. Impressive performance this weekend. Clearly the best pinpointer on the market.

I agree and in addition, I wore mine strapped to my side for 4 hours in the saltwater the other day, last Propointer I did that too died a quick death .....this one still works.....
Thanks Garrett

Cliff

BarberDan said:
I'm very pleased with the improvements made to the pro pointer. No more falsing when you push on it. ...and I can use it in vibrate only mode. Impressive performance this weekend. Clearly the best pinpointer on the market.

Dan,
You Got that right! I like mine so much that I sold my other X-1...So much more stable
unlike the X-1 in bad soil using high manual sensitivity...

I just got my propointer AT today from BBH. It only took me 2 minutes to figure out how to work it. Works great and has great sensitivity depth. I also like the modes you can cycle trhough but I think I will keep mine on the highest sensitivity (3) with vibration. Way better that the Whites Bullseye 2 piece of junk.

I also received my Pro Pointer AT about a week ago from BBH and really like it.

I've had a chance to use it for about 6 hrs thus far and It's just "nice" and simple to use. I find it to be MUCH more sensitive than the older Pro Pointer even at its default medium sensitivity setting. What I seem to appreciate the most is the one touch re-tune feature (no more having to power it off/on to re-tune). I feel it was It was worth the upgrade. I haven't used it in the water, but being waterproof is basically why I purchased it.

I still like the original Pro Pointer also and will continue to use it. My older model is about a year old and I've been fortunate to never have experienced any of it's common faults as reported in so many forums.

How is the new AT holding up? I am on my second Pro Pointer in three years,. The first one had to be replaced because of corrosion and now the new one is getting to be useless. It starts falseing every time i turn it on . I have never got them wet or abused them in any way .