Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

garrett propointer dying???

skuzzb

i went detecting today with my 6 month old pp and noticed it felt and sounded different,only way i can describe it is its like it is out of balance,i have always had the button and speaker covered so no dirt can get in there,i changed battery thinking it may be that but made no difference,it has only been used less than 20 hours,does it sound like its on its way out??as i live in New Zealand im not sure how i go about getting it fixed,guess it will cost me to send it back,disappointing really as in $NZ it cost me $160 plus another $20 shipping
thanks

What do you meen by out of balance?
If it is out of balance physically then take the battery out replace the cap and the unit should balance on your finger just very slightly forward of the LED.
Does it rattle as though the coil has come away from the cct board.

I have found that on real hot days, with the sun out, my Pro-Pointer acts a little different....it's much more sensitive.

if i grab hold of the pinpointer shaft and apply small pressure the sound returns to normal,maybe the coil has come away,,
thanks