Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Garrett ProPointer (orange) Problem

Chuck(NC)

Seems to be stuck in one program without sound. Tried taking battery out and back in with no results. Have not used this pointer but a couple of times. Just checking to see if there could be a quick fix before sending it in. Thanks

Try pressing and holding the black button for 30 seconds, then release it. Wait several seconds....then press the black button for one second and release. Any changes?

After a couple of mornings trying to reset the pointer going exactly by the owner's manual it finally corrected. I used pointer a couple of times with no problem and then took the battery out knowing that it would be a while before it was used again. When I put the battery in and tried to use it the pointer was stuck in the 1 vibrate = minimum sensitivity/silent mode. After going through the adjustment mode many many times it finally unstuck itself. I thank John for his suggestion and may well be the quick fix to the problem I had but I got it working before I saw Johns message so could not try it. I have no idea why it did what it did unless it had something to do with the battery being out for a period of time. Just thought I would post this to let someone that may have the same problem that doing what John suggested or what I did may work and be less problem than sending pointer in. Thanks

"RTFM"

A careful read of the Instructions shows that using this device is not ' a simple matter of turn on and go and change things'...

In addition, when it arrives at your door and you open the package, TAKE OUT the 'black cat' battery...they're useless and can cause short life and subsequent problems.
Put in a DECENT brand, "Duracell" or "Energiser"

This probe is a very good one but just take some 'extra time' to get used to it.

Just my 2c worth...

Des D

I have (2) pin pointer AT's & (2) pin pointer II's and all of mine came with the Black Cat Eveready batteries so I replaced them with alkaline Energizers. I did have to send one back in for repairs due the sound not working at all and vibrator seemed very weak - changed the battery & still did not work, 8 days latter Garrett sent me a brand new no questions asked.