Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Garrett Recon Pro Users?

prosoloact

Any Recon Pro users out there? Got a couple tips!
To use in sand/surf; hold down negative '-' threshold button while powering on.
Anybody construct mods for fitting Infinium coils on the Recon?

Congrats with getting a Recon, seen a few sell on eBay last month.

I put together a coil shaft for the Garrett Recon several months back, haven't gotten around to ordering the larger Infinium mono coil but will soon with warm weather approaching.

Here's a snap shot of the coil shaft laying to the right of the Recon, constructed the shaft so the coil cable connector could still be mounted from inside at the rear.

Keep us posted with how you do with the Recon Pi, would like to see others share their Recon experiences.

Thanks for sharing yours,
Paul (Ca)

If the Recon Pro is only available to the military; How are they turning up on Ebay?
Is someone knocking them off when they get discharged from Mil or are they going into Army Disposal auction.
The first time I messaged garrett they said this detector was military sale only.
I messaged again last week but have not received a reply?

I have no idea if the Garrett Recon is military issue only but sounds like it should be, Could be the ones that end up on eBay are purshased from military bases through an auction.

I feel more will enter the private sector as time moves forward, technology is good for short periods until something better comes along. Keep your eyes on eBay, more will pop up in the near future.

Paul (Ca)

Fishers Ghost said:
If the Recon Pro is only available to the military; How are they turning up on Ebay?
Is someone knocking them off when they get discharged from Mil or are they going into Army Disposal auction.
The first time I messaged garrett they said this detector was military sale only.
I messaged again last week but have not received a reply?

Army surplus?:shrug:

Hi Guys;
Did'nt think anyone was out there. Been away fer a while. Yes, the Recon Pro is 'military issue' only, according to the Garrett military div. guy. BUT, it's considered 'surplus' if you get one second hand and not illegal to own. If it breaks, we're screwed. Garrett won't repair non-military owned units. Also, a frequency adj update was added by Garrett, but once agian not avail to non-mil owners. I absolutely love mine. Finds really tiny stuff. Sold a GB2 and only use the Recon. Have'nt even bothered with another coil. Just stick yer plastic scoop right thru the middle. Might get the 600 buck, 6ft deep search coil via Garrett, but dnt want to dig holes that deep. What I dnt understand; is that I'm supposed to dig all high tone hits. BUT, gold is an excellant conductor, but considered a low conductivity metal(hence the high tone purpose.) Guess I'll have to go back to my recent dry creek and redig all the low tone stuff that I walked over. I usually look for gold only.
Joel
Prescott, AZ

Hey;
Do you use a coil cover on the 8in coil of the Recon Pro, or, do you coat the face of it with anything? Garrett claims that it's indestructable, but, mine's getting pretty scratched up from the desert gravel. Any suggestiins?

Hi purchased a Recon Pro recently and had a few questions, I read the instructions you posted on how to put it in "salt mode". What indication lets you know you are in that Mode? a sound or light flash? Also did you have any other hidden button combinations like freq. adj or sensitivity adj. ?

Have you found out how to select "salt/surf zone" mode on the Recon Pro?
To adjust sensitivity: Push and Hold the "Secondary Function Button" and Push the "Threshold Buttons". It has 7 levels of sensitivity. The default sensitivity level for Recon Pro is 7 (max), so when you want to set a lower level, Push and Hold the "Secondary Function Button" and Push the (-) "Threshold Button".

dnxa said:
To use in sand/surf; hold down negative (-) threshold button while powering on.
To adjust sensitivity: Push and Hold the "Secondary Function Button" and Push the "Threshold Buttons". It has 7 levels of sensitivity. The default sensitivity level for Recon Pro is 7 (max), so when you want to set a lower level, Push and Hold the "Secondary Function Button" and Push the (-) "Threshold Button".

Thanks for the info, looks like I have an older unit without the sensitivity adjust. Also believe the "salt mode" is basically turning the unit on without Ground balancing, similar to the the infinium. Basically using a "preset GB".

hi I've purchased a recon Pro and I tried what you said on there on the sensitivity and the salt water on the sensitivity I don't see no lights come on when I'm pushing that to show where the sensitivity is can you help me on that