Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Garrett Sea Hunter battery?

biglry

I was given a very old "Garrett Sea Hunter" a few years ago that looks like new, I was told by the prevoius owner it was no good so I hung it on the wall. Well the other day I took it down and decided to take a look and see what was really going on.
After trying to charge the battery and it not taking a charge(charger came with it) I opening it up and took a look. Everything looked okay as no water damage and seals were good, but no voltage from the rectangle sheet metal strapped in 12v battery. I have unsoldered the battery from the circuit board and removed, I then hooked up 12c dc from an external source and low and behold it worked.
I am now looking for a 12v battery that will fit and hope someone with a lot more experience with this older model Sea Hunter may be able to help.
The face plate has "Supreme Beach Machine" on it and "Garrett Sea Hunter" it also charges through the ikelite headphone connection. This is my first dealing with anything Garrett or a PI machine, I use Minelab Excal on the beach, but thought a PI machine might be something different to play with.
Thanks for any info.

Respectfully,
Larry

I believe Garrett has the replacements. If not you can have the pack rebuilt (probably for less money) at InterState Batteries. They have rebuilt three packs for me and they all are great. OnlyBatteryPacks.com has replacements for some of the Minelab including the Excaliburs.