Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Garrett sea hunter ll ?

Will this detector, with the 10 x 14 coil keep up with a whites tdi sl in the depth department?
I have never used either one but am curious about this. I have an ace 350 with a 13 inch coil on it and it works ok for me. I am thinking i can get more depth with a pi.

From what i have read, the sea hunter is fine until you run into minerals. Such as black sand. Then the tdi would out perform it because of the minerals and the ground balance.
You guys that have experience with this, is it true?

Its the site, the hunter than the machine. Everyone's guessing you'll be hunting salt water. I've seen a hunter using a Sea Hunter on mild salt beaches. Very little black sand. Actually he out hunted about 3 of us for a week. He definitely was the most experienced. I had the Infinium, two guys had excals. The guy could read a beach. That was 4 years ago. Now us three same beach, are very evenly matched. Never seen the Sea Hunter again. So hunting a pulse induction has a small challenge. Sea hunter is very good for fresh water too. Some cases dry land. How much beach time you getting a year? Big question. Your 350 is a whole different tool. Good mud hunting, dry sand. You wanna wade, Sea Hunter way to go. Depends on the hunter.

I had the Sh2 for a few years , i had the 8" coil only but from my experience the 8 would be alot better in the surf , but youll dig everything, I wouldn't use it for fresh water just to much junk targets and you'll wear yourself out , you'll need a good sturdy long handle sand scoop and a strong back, I never had issues with black sand , it will go deep and with the 10x14 coil, you will go extremely deep , good luck HHHank

Thanks Hank, appreciate the response. Do you think the sea hunter II with 10 x 14 coil would keep up in the depth department as a TDI sl? I have never owned either one, but if it could, its cheaper.