Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Garrett Takes On A New Shape (more hints)

John-Edmonton

Staff member

Attachments

• download.png
    download.png
    5.5 KB · Views: 237
apex.jpg

Last edited:
John I really hope this is a groundbreaking detector. Unfortunately it is being released when people are struggling to survive. I'm thinking food and bills may be more important than a new hobby detector. I hope they do well.
If the price is right, people will buy, just to have the latest and the greatest. They will find a way to come up with the cash....even if they have to eat crackers for a few weeks..........Ask any fisherman about his rods, reels, lures...........:D

If the price is right, people will buy, just to have the latest and the greatest. They will find a way to come up with the cash....even if they have to eat crackers for a few weeks..........Ask any fisherman about his rods, reels, lures...........:D
I'm thinking about a new Nokta Makro Simplex plus. Not sure if the company will stand behind the warranty though.

Man, I hope it's good for at least waterproof for ten feet. Look at the Pro. And almost every decent machine today. That's almost a must to reach more hunters. Light, solid construction. The sales curve starts dropping the closer to a thousand dollar price tag. The vague picture does show promise. There are machines out there well under $800 that are killing it, so again price is a must. I'm hoping for a Garrett break through on this one. We'll see.

Man, I hope it's good for at least waterproof for ten feet. Look at the Pro. And almost every decent machine today. That's almost a must to reach more hunters. Light, solid construction. The sales curve starts dropping the closer to a thousand dollar price tag. The vague picture does show promise. There are machines out there well under $800 that are killing it, so again price is a must. I'm hoping for a Garrett break through on this one. We'll see.
I hope they are releasing a great "breakthrough" detector too. Switching over to a cell phone type design is a great start.....iron audio volume adjustment is good, new coil technology is also welcomed. I hope they include size imaging to depth, similar to the GTI Series. I am curious........PI, or multi-frequency VLF or a combination?

John wrote:

"I hope they include size imaging to depth, similar to the GTI Series."

Man, you said all. Right there. You said it straight.

Come on, Garrett. Not another unit (yawn) with just VDI numbers, segments, tones, discrimination settings, and so on, like the rest.

Target imaging to depth. Surface elimination. Like the GTI series, but with an updated display, and a bit lighter in weight.

I would sell my GTI2500 and buy one like that, but not for anything else. The imaging is priceless.

Come on, Garrett. You can do it.

Joe

I really enjoyed my Garrett gti 2500 but as i have gotten older it has gotten heavy lol but i also have jumped around alot different brands but im thinking if Garrett come through with all the features i want with the apex i may reconsider go back too that brand. Paul, Maine

Always interested to see what the engineers have come up with. Will be back for a look on the 15th. (y)

Rich

So basically we are hoping the Apex is a light weight GTI2500 with digital readout and waterproof to 10 ft. Works for me. I would be in line to buy one. Enough for the clones that are on the market. Every company seems to have a version of the same thing. Hopefully the Apex is truly different. Garrett needs a replacement for the 2500, not their version of a Simplex.

My APEX is on order, well under $500 with the wireless headset. Weather and rain proof not water proof. Features look like a combination of AT MAX, AT PRO and ACE 400. I am in it for the multi freq and salt abilities.

Did Garrett mess up by the user not being able to change out their own batteries? If you use it all day then you have to charge it all night! Can't just swap batteries and go while the next battery is on charge. Odd way to do things. And how much will they charge to replace the batteries? So you will have to box it up and ship it to Garrett. They going to pay for your shipping?

I do wish they would have made it with replaceable battery packs. Switching out would have been great plus saving sending to the factory for replacement. To me it seems like that would have been a natural accessory sale item. For $$ purchase the optional spare battery and charger. Alas they didn't have me doing their go to market sale strategy .... Not going to stop me from the purchase, I just like my idea better....

John wrote:

"I hope they include size imaging to depth, similar to the GTI Series."

Man, you said all. Right there. You said it straight.

Come on, Garrett. Not another unit (yawn) with just VDI numbers, segments, tones, discrimination settings, and so on, like the rest.

Target imaging to depth. Surface elimination. Like the GTI series, but with an updated display, and a bit lighter in weight.

I would sell my GTI2500 and buy one like that, but not for anything else. The imaging is priceless.

Come on, Garrett. You can do it.

Joe
Sorry, but I'm super satisfied with my AT Pro. Had it for over a decade, and would get another one if it conked out. Plus, I'm not sold on rechargeables. I buy my batts at Costco, and get about 24 hours of service from the set of 4