Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

garrett THD

I was looking at getting one of those, and was told that they were for scanning people (security) Everyone told me to go with the propointer, and I must say, after you use one, you won't leave home without it!
Good luck!
Darren

I was watching one on e----b, and forgot to bid on it. went for $62.00 i think. I think this would work just like the probe, they are about the same.

The Propointer is alot better for coinshootin'/ jewelry hunting and such, because it detects off of the tip more than the side. It's really cool how the Propointer signals faster as you get closer to the target, until you touch the target, then it's a solid tone. It also has an optimum freq for coin and jewelry or relics/whatever at 15 kHz.

The THD, on the other hand isn't bad. I've had a couple long before that Propointer came out. It's quite different than the Propointer. For instance, it only vibrates, it doesn't have an audible signal. It also signal anywhere up and down the sides equally, not really off the tip (as compared to Propointer). It runs at 95 kHz, which is why my wife and I use ours mainly for prospecting, as it will signal on flour gold(gold dust).

The Propointer is really better for checking a hole for coins and such, because it has a scraper blade which is great for moving the soil around. They both run on a single 9V battery.

Good luck!:biggrin:Happy Hunting!:)

The PP is just a revised version of the THD but the PP works much better. When I field tested it long ago my prototype was the THD.

Bill