Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Garrett Ulra GTA-500

Mat in MA

[size=large]I have a Garrett Ultra GTA-500 in excellent condition for sale on the Metal Detector Classified Forum for those of you who may be interested.
[/size]

:usaflag:Looks like it's in good shape. A couple more pictures might help you sell it quicker though. How old is your detector? And how old is that model of detector?

[size=large]McD - Yes it's in excellent shape. It's a one owner as I bought it brand new. Not sure of the year though. If you would like to see more photos and a write up of what goes with it just send me a message.[/size]

Its 18 years old.....it has the whippy rod and was the second best in line of the GTA series....if its the ad I saw....I don't think they cost as much new as the asking price.. as all Garrett products a nice unit...well made and likes gold jewelry...with a lot of pro aspects and modes...

Several ultra units out there for sale so perhaps yours is not overpriced...I think I paid $359.00 for one new in early ninetys and judging by todays standards and price rises might equate to $700.00 or so today....

[size=large]This is all very interesting to me. First of all I don't know what you mean by a 'whippy rod'. The rod on this detector is solid and has always been so. You say you saw the ad for it? Where? No one has asked to see the additional photos and pictures, and I haven't given out where they can be seen.

There are a lot of extras that will go with this unit. And Yes, it does find the goodies. I believe that age doesn't really matter with a metal detector. Some people just want to buy the newest so they can say that they have the newest item on the market.

To me as long as the detector perfoms the way it did when it was purchased, it's still a good machine. Coins and jewelry really don't change much and gold and silver are still gold and silver. They are out there and ready to be found.[/size]

This is not a classified forum its for discussing Garrett units old and new and I feel I clarified my original post with In Retrospect as your definetly not one of the ads I saw on the net as there was several...Just gave my info to the forum from personal experience as I originally owned and used this unit.
As good as Garretts are they listened to compaints and came up with a solid ramrod upper rod as the original Ultra GTA top rod was not solid and gave a whippy effect and anyone that used one can attest to this. My apologizes as read the wrong ad unfortunately and jumped the gun rather than have a newbie or uniformed individual pay an extremely high price.

I have the Gta1000 and indeed, it has a whippy upper rod. A fine detector but I have to agree with Dan.

HH, Eric. Holland.