Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Garrett Z-Lynk on a Tesoro

dan b

I just added this to my Deleon, and I'm giving it two thumbs way up. I cannot perceive any difference over being plugged into the machine.

Just thought I would mention that for anyone on the fence. I believe it's a worthwhile investment.

Dan

Will be ordering a set of these during the week for my TDI pro and Nexus,i do have a set of a similar setup and they do work very well but the battery life of just 6 hours was the major design flaw with the setup,which is not even a full days use,but the 30 hours of the Garrett headphone version is the biggest winner factor and just made my original setup redundant.Much prefer to use my own full cup headphones especially when using the Pulse for those deep whisper signals that can be missed with smaller cup headphones.

Thanks for your feedback on this product.

Deteknix also makes one that you can use your own headphones a d it's 89.99.
Wanted to get them but never pulled the trigger.
So you like the zlink ones? Interested to know how they compare to eachother

The Deteknix setup are the ones that i have been using for about 18 months and they are very very good and i would still be using them but the difference in battery life ie 6 hours and 30 hours is the deal breaker here,Deteknix pioneered the 2.4Ghz wireless but Garrett have perfected them because of the battery life,most folks if they are out for a 'full' days detecting prefer a much longer battery life than just 6 hours.

Mine came with just the one original option of the headphones that came with the wireless kit,but they then bought out the ones that allow you to use your own headphones,a great bonus but still basically using the same battery power setup of 6 hours,although i will say that they suggest that when you pop back too the car for a drink/food you could do a top up charge,but its inconvenience of having to plug wires into chargers etc when your hands are cold or muddy.Well i personally dont like doing it and all the other owners comment about the exact same thing 'battery life' and nothing else.

OK cool. Good to know they last that long!!

What's the little cord with the USB on one side and the 1/4" jack on the other for?

Oh OK. So it goes from micro USB on transmitter to the 1/4 headphone jack on detector?

No it's OK. I understand.
It's a proprietary cable. Have to reorder through them.