Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

GB-2 64 Class Ring and other..........

The stuff I posted in the first thread was found in a 3 hour morning hunt, except for silver colored ring that is. I found that along with this other stuff the same day but in the afternoon.

It's a Gold Bug 2 By Fisher, now First Texas.

You can see 2 of my hunts at this link:
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,68674.0.html

Hi Ant,

I had the first Gold Bug 2 in Alaska, and I have found a lot of gold nuggets with the GB2 over the years. Pounds, and I'm not exaggerating.

I wanted to tell you that I am very impressed with your finds. You obviously have mastered the Gold Bug 2, and have patience more than most people. You've inspired me to look at my GB2 in a different light as a machine good for more than just looking for gold nuggets.

Thank you!

Steve Herschbach
Steve's Mining Journal

[quote steve herschbach]Hi Ant,

I had the first Gold Bug 2 in Alaska, and I have found a lot of gold nuggets with the GB2 over the years. Pounds, and I'm not exaggerating.

I wanted to tell you that I am very impressed with your finds. You obviously have mastered the Gold Bug 2, and have patience more than most people. You've inspired me to look at my GB2 in a different light as a machine good for more than just looking for gold nuggets.

Thank you!

Steve Herschbach
Steve's Mining Journal[/quote]

Wow coming from you Mr. Herschbach that means a lot.
Thanks

The recovery time is so fast on the GB-2 it seems that it runs circles around most other machines allowing to cover much more ground. Of course, only on scrapes, demos, anywhere the ground has been disturbed, playgrounds and the like.

• Both toggle switches in the middle position (Normal)
  • Sensitivity all the way up unless the machine won't balance but never below 8
  • At this point the volume and threshold on the machine should be off
  • I start with the volume all the way up on the earphones
  • Now I turn the volume all the way up on the GB-2
  • Then I turn the threshold on the machine up until I can barely hear a smooth tone (the tone should be as soft/low as you can get it but smooth)
  • Now I turn down the headphones to a comfortable position (don't turn down the machine).
  • Now I

Woah! Pounds?!? As most gold is mined as very fine dust and tiny nuggets, the larger (over 1oz) nuggets are very rare! Actually they are as rare as large diamonds!

You'll probably be interested in this site I came across a few months ago. It shows the 'live' spot NY gold price.

Micaleen
<b><font size="3"><i>gold
nuggets
</i></font></b>