Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

GB 2 at the beach

James02

I will be going to the beach with my Gold Bug 2. This is my first attempt at beach hunting. I would appreciate any tips you might have for using this gold machine on the beach. Thanks - Jim

I tried the GB 2 on the east coast beaches. I did locate some good things but soon got tired of digging and trying to locate the fine shreds of foil and other very small items that went through the scoop. You will be very surprised at the amount of foil on the beaches. Had to hunt in iron disc. and stay well away from any wet sand. Went back to the Minelab Elite as the Sovereigns work the best on my beaches. Best of luck to you.

When you GB in the dry sand you should be good to go. The only problem would be damp sand below the dry or after a rain or the layers of accumulated black sand you may not see below the dry sand. Also larger iron items will sound off even when in iron disc. The best time to use is in the very dry powder sugar sand of July and August. Also when the tide goes out there will be wet sand below that will make the GB 2 about useless, this limits you to bout half the beach next to the dunes. But your beach could be different than mine. Good luck. Any model Sovereign would probably be better.