Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

GB Fail ? Seems a lot since I went to the 11 inch

vtcivilwar

It appears that I get the GB Fail message a lot with the 11 incher. I was with a buddy Sunday, also uses the 11 inch and he was constantly failing also. Are we doing something wrong? We are using pumping and YES we are making sure there is nothing under the coil... any thoughts?

Thanks
Henry

Try this thread: http://www.findmall.com/read.php?83,2122014

Good luck!

Henry

Being familiar with the ground in your area, something sounds amiss (assuming you are hunting in the VT area).

I would ask two things . . . .

1) If you use the 9" coil does the PUMPING option produce a GB OK message

and

2) What mineralization is showing on the bar to the far right of the screen?

That information can help zero in on what might be the culprit.

Andy

Not sure what you may be doing wrong if anything. Another person just recently had same issue. I have had no issue and like Andy states in his book if it fails just move over just a tad and repeat. I have about a 90% success rate first time ground balancing every time. Maybe I am just llucky.

I'm wondering why so many do the Pumping to find GB.. :confused:
Turn it on and use the tracking or use a average GB (+\- 1-2) in manual GB...
Nobody here in Denmark are useing the pumping, because the Deus often gives us a wrong reading... (Mustly way to low GB)

Andy Sabisch said:
Henry

Being familiar with the ground in your area, something sounds amiss (assuming you are hunting in the VT area).

I would ask two things . . . .

1) If you use the 9" coil does the PUMPING option produce a GB OK message

and

2) What mineralization is showing on the bar to the far right of the screen?

That information can help zero in on what might be the culprit.

Andy

Yes Andy, Vermont has good soil. It may be a while as we are now covered with white fungus (snow). I never had a problem with the 9 inch coil. Once I started using the 11 inch the GB Fail is about 90% of the time. I read other post and next time out will drop the Sens. as we run 90+ up here.

Sorry I missed the NJ boot camp.. let me know when you hit the NE again, I will attend.

Thanks as always

Henry

I have had a lot of fails lately too. Somebody reminded me to hold the coil out away from everything, off of the ground before stating and that has seemed to help. If I don't get balance in two tries I just do a manual balance. I have been running tracking a lot too.

Don

I've only had it happen once, but I realized I didn't boot up correctly,, ( hold the coil up while the control boots up) I turned it off , tried it again and waalaa worked... O yea I have the 11in also... Don't know that it's the problem but check those cell phones / smart phones.. just an idea...