Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

GB on Bandito?

Woodchuck

How do I set GB from scratch .from beginning and how many turns roughly and in what direction Clockwise or counterclockwise. Its been awhile since I touched a GB Tesoro Thanks Woodchuck

Woodchuck. I have a bandido II Umax. They may be similar. I ground balance my Eldorado Umax and bandido II Umax the same way. I start with the detector off and set the detector toggle switch to all metal, disc knob all the way down in all metal and threshold at about two o'clock position. Then I turn the the detector on and set the sensitivity all the way to 9. I then check the ground for metal. If there is no metal signal I will start ground balancing. I check my threshold and adjust til I have an audible hum. The next step is to raise the search coil about eight inches of the ground and lower it. As it approaches the ground it will do one of two things stay the same stable hum or cut out and get silent. if it stays stable, you need no adjustment, if it gets quiet you need to turn it up or adjust it positive if it gets louder you need to turn it down or adjust negative, keep repeating the raising and lowering of the coil and adjusting of the knob until you get a steady threshold hum when raising and lowering the coil. It was explained best in a post I read as thinking of a radio if it is too loud turn it down or adjust negative. If it is too quite turn it up or adjust positive. It takes some practice but it is worth learning. Hope this helps. HH

Here you go: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjXq4sHTS_Y

tabman

Thanks tabnan for the assist. They say a picture is worth a 1000 words . I say a video is worth many times that. It's hard to explain how to to it, but easy once you have done it. You always have good answers to the questions. Keep on instructing and giving the feedback tabman. HH