Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

GC1015

A

Anonymous

Hi, I was bought a GC-1015 metal detector last year. I know its probably a piece of crap as it didn't cost much. The thing is, I'm trying to set the damn thing up, but I can't seem to manage it.
I follow the instructions, but it continues to buzz all the time, and only goes quiet when hovered over some metal - the opposite of whats meant to happen surely. Can anyone advise me please (apart from throwing it in the bin and buying a decent one!).
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Steve.

I don't know what a GC-1015 is but it sounds like it might be one of the cheaper foreign made TR detectors. If it has a tune or ground control knob on it you should be able to hold the coil just off the ground and turn the knob until you get a slight hum. If it has a retune button or switch you may have to hold that in when you tune it. Also, if it has an intensitiy meter, the meter should be centered or all the way left when you get the threshold down to a slight hum. Hard to give directions without seeing at least a photo of the controls but some of the older cheap TR's would do just as you say your GC1015 is doing.
JB

It had a metal mineral tunner knob on it and if it was turned the wrong way the minerals it would null on metal.
Rick

Hi Guys, thanks for response. The detector has the following controls. A meter to display ferrous/non-ferrous metals. A volume control, a discrimination control and tune control. And also a red button in the middle of the handle. The instructions suggest that to set the detector up, the coil is held approximately 1 foot from the ground, the red button is held in and the tune dial moved left and right until the meter needle is on 0 and then release red button- apparently the detector should then be practically inaudible and beep when hovered over metal objects. Trouble is, as I said the detector is still screaming at me having gone through this procedure and goes quiet when hovered over metal.
I think I will take it back and maybe invest in a viking 1 or something - I'm a beginner so don't want to spend too much!
Cheers, Steve.