Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Get an Extra Inch, maybe free...

KVM2

Some time earlier on this site , I said that you should have the coil soldered to the electronics...I got the new coil for my Vaquero , ran a quick air test on various coins, pulled the stock coil, and discovered the new coil had one pin too many.. Put the old coil back on, tried the air test over, and son of a gun , all the coins picked up an inch ..Wheat 8 inches, Indian 7.5 , Buffalo 8.5 , the dime was the shocker, 6.5 inches to 8.0. All these are nice strong raps not using phones.. My plug in was not as tight as I had assumed, and oxidation does pose problems.. One Russian detectorist says that you should clean the contacts with denatured alcohol on cotton , until no black is deposited on the cotton... The batteries in the Vaquero are 3 years old. Next task is to clean the contacts, and put in new batteries, recheck the air distances... Send battery back and wait for replacement..

that was happening with the NEL i had it is amazing what a good connection can do

Being in amateur radio it was suggested to me to use a contact cleaner called "Deoxit D5". They also have a gold contact cleaner. It's also safe on plastics if it drips. It is expensive but well worth it. I use the 5 oz. spray can with the 5" long thin red nozzle. Now that i think of it, the compadre works so well & it's directly soldered!

Kind of like the flashlight battery thing. The flashlight does not put out much light, take the batteries out, wipe the contact ends off, or just spin them if it is a cluster, put them back in and all of a sudden you have all kinds of light. I can imagine as we are out dtecting in the "elements" that the contacts on our coils and batteries could oxidized. Maybe a shot of contact cleaner here and there would help.

Jeff