Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Getting a bit cranky the last 24 hours......

We're driving our soon to be 19 yr. old daughter and her girlfriend to Toronto's Pearson International Airport late tonight (midnight). They're off to the Fairmont Inn in Jasper (Alberta) for a 4 month tour of working and hopefully some sightseeing. I kinda figured I'd get nervous nearer her departure date. Her first time away from home and my first time not being within arms reach but I guess the apron strings have to be cut sooner or later.........a year or two later would've worked fine for me. She's a bit nervous too but I'm hoping it'll be a good experience.......but not too good that she doesn't want to return east. We'll see. :)

is packing now to come home after a 6 year tour with the Air Force. She is packing a U-haul trailer as I type. She will still be in the service but for now will be in the Air Guard here in Connecticut. We found we enjoyed going to see her at the air base as we did my son George. We got to travel to places we never would have unless they were there. We hit a few country's in Europe and elsewhere.
It all works out somehow. No question they hit some bumps, but they will call if they do. My daughter left for boot camp when we were out west traveling. We asked her why she didn't wait for us to get back and she said it was easier to go this way as she doubted she could have left with us here. So its a big step for all of you.

I sure know how you feel. When my son George left for Korea we were having a meaningful conversation at the train station and bam, there was the train. Short stop and he was on it and gone. I still remember standing there watching that train disappear down the tracks. Hey, wait, we still have things to say. Truth, we always will.... He called us from Korea where they landed and said it was night time, raining, he got in a cab with some guy who didn't speak English and drove off into the night to Osan Air Force base. He said, I was wishing I stayed home for awhile until he figured it all out...That was his first try far away. He is still in, travels all the time but is always glad to come back and he lives about 25 minutes from us... We traveled a lot with him in Spain. I was amazed at the changes in them each time we got together again..... Bet she does just fine and the time away will just increase your concern for each other...

Hard for sure, you teach them to stand on their own 2 feet but worry if you did enough. I'm betting you did and then some...

Geo

She still talks about the experience she gained their 25 years ago and has very fond memories of her time there. You've raised her well so you needn't worry too much.

Cheers,

Eric:cool:

But hey, they were our babies once. That had to be tough on you and the missus. I'll bring lots of kleenex...........for ME ! :lol: