Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Getting a bit excited as new Deus is being delivered today :detecting:

Ray-Mo.

Hope to put it to work and try to pull some more goodies from sites I have hammered with several FBS units including the CTX . Wont miss the lack of weight if nothing else develops lol .

Ray-Mo. said:
Hope to put it to work and try to pull some more goodies from sites I have hammered with several FBS units including the CTX . Wont miss the lack of weight if nothing else develops lol .

hey Ray, I am in the same boat. I bought the 11" ws4 pack and it will be here today. which pack did you get? I just sold my ctx yesterday and to be honest the only reason I sold it was because I have been having neck issues and went to the doc. turns out the disc between my c5 and c6 vertebra is worn in half from a tumble I took years ago. I had been having problems putting in a full days hunt with my ctx and the doc actually said I should quit detecting for awhile. I couldnt see myself doing that so I made the decision to sell my ctx stuff...This is definately not a bag on Minelab post though as I have to admit, I love the ctx...

I got rid of my CTX after I started having wrist and forearm pain. Definitely not a friendly machine to swing. I loved my E-trac and I hope they come out with an E-trac II or Pro soon. I'd love to get one as a second to my Deus. I feel that the E-trac is the best machine in Minelabs hobby decking line-up. Never would have traded it except that I was down to 3 months left on the warranty and the only reason I went with the CTX was that I didn't want to "lateral move". Anyone swinging an E-trac should hang onto it. The newest is not always the best.

Please... I hope everyone with a new Deus has the patience to get the best out of their machine. I'm real happy the Deus is making the big splash in the U.S. that it deserves.

Be very stingy about changing parameters..only change the things you are 110% sure of! You can quickly and easily mess things up.

It's a great machine but has a learning curve to get the most out of it...and Andy Sabisch's book is very much worthwhile to get..it's cheap at twice the price!

Joe (California)

PS: After 3 years with my Deus (got mine straight from the factory) I'm getting the new 11" coil..and essentially a NEW detector

The Deus rocks!!!!

Get Andys book, read it several times, highlight and refer back!

Jim

The settings are very easy to change on the fly, but there is no real need to mess with them initially. Stick with the stock programs and maybe add a few of Andy's, and get to know the machine before making adjustments.

Lovde the Gray Ghosts as soon as I tried them . I put quite a few hours on a Deus a couple of years ago and the one complaint I had at the time was no full coverage wireless phones for blocking ambient noise but that is no longer an issue :thumbup:

Congrats Ray with getting the Deus, it's one heck of a relic machine you're going to like it allot!

Now go get that second Bust remember seeing a post of yours finding a 1/2 dime Bust with another good machine now it's the Deus turn :thumbup:

WTG!
Paul (Ca)

Ray-Mo. said:
Lovde the Gray Ghosts as soon as I tried them . I put quite a few hours on a Deus a couple of years ago and the one complaint I had at the time was no full coverage wireless phones for blocking ambient noise but that is no longer an issue :thumbup:

Great report Ray! I love the Gray Ghost XP phones too!