Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Getting a new Vaquero

diggin4relics

I use to have an Eldorado and loved it but its been quite awhile since I've had a non metered machine. I'm getting it to use for some relic hunting. I also am getting the 5.75 coil with it. I'm looking forward to getting it and try it out.

mike

Good machine.

I chunked the TID's a while back.

I got 4 ultra light good performers.

The V and three other uMaxes.

That's the way to go for me.

HH,

I've had mine about a month now. I think I'm still having trouble with the ground balance, but I like the Vaquero. I've been going back through the old posts trying to learn more about it. There is a lot good information on this site.
good luck
:pulltab:

When I met with Richard@Backwoods last week, we both agreed that the number 1 reason people get discouraged with their units and trade for something else, is that they don't take the time to learn the detector. 20 hrs is not enough to make a decision. James at Tesoro, Charles at Garrett, both agree that it takes a minimum 100 hrs to be able to understand what the detector is saying.

When working with sound, there is a lot in the sound. Duration, pitch, volume and where you have the controls set when hearing sound. Tesoros are not a "beep and dig" machine. The analyzing circuits are creating sounds specific to the metals size, depth and continuity. The sounds (especially in all metal VCO) are different to the trained ear. Many people run out and sweep figuring a sound means metal. Then when they dig up all trash they think the detector is a junk finder.

My Deleon has a somewhat TID. But when I first bought it, I took a penny, Quarter, Dime, pull tab, nail and crushed soda can and laid them on top of the ground about 2 feet apart. In all metal mode, I scanned each, raising and lowering the coil, with my eyes closed to "experience" the sound. After awhile you can really hear the difference although the can is distinct. Scan slow. This is how the "sum" feature works on the Cortez. Believe me. The electronics is there.

With the V and C, don't over run the sensitivity. They are HOT. 7-8 is plenty. Soon you'll find the PP button is a waste of time. Just my opinion.

Congrats on the new Vaquero! I hav had mine only a couple of months. Good luck with your machine and the hunting, Beale.

Great post hightone. Enjoyed it and you are right when my D hits those coins it doesn't matter what universe I am on, it sends me a signal to come back and take care of business. Thanks again.. Jer