Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Getting a new xp deus but which coil ??

lumacurve

Hello all, I'm getting ready to order my new xp (after lots of research) And can't make up my mind on which coil package the 9' or 11' Most of my hunting is for old coins at old house sites or parks and sidewalks. I understand the 11' coil MAY be a little deeper but the 9" MAY be better in trash ?? It seems most of my sites have a fair amount of trash so I'm thinking the 9" but at the same time I don't want to lose any depth that the 11" has. TIH and happy hunting

I got the 11" and love it. There is very little difference in weight. It has good separation and depth also.

Seemingly not a lot of difference on any score. I got the 11 thinking I do beach and even 2 more inches will help cover ground better. Have regretted it a few times when a little lighter or smaller would have been appreciated, but... Bottom line I don't think you really can go wrong either way!

I have both and the 11" never comes of my machine. It has good separation in trash. The "other machines" need to worry about having smaller coils because they aren't as fast as the Deus.

DukeOBass said:
I have both and the 11" never comes off my machine. It has good separation in trash. The "other machines" need to worry about having smaller coils because they aren't as fast as the Deus.

Yep, exactly, my 9" sits, my 11" is all I use........

Jim

n/t

Same here Denar1, Prefer the stock 9" coil for most types of hunting but after covering an area like to go over again with the larger coil. This applies mostly on relic sites with open terrain, Have scored a few finds the 9" coil missed the larger coil enhances those deeper weak signals.

Wasn't aware of the 11" coil until recently, Been using the larger 11" X 14" coil but the newer version (11") sure looks like a winner.

Paul (Ca)

Thanks for the replies everybody, It seems as though everyone is divided 50/50 on this one. I think I'll get the 9" coil to start with and see how that goes, and save my penny's ( LOTS OF THEM ) For the 11 inch coil Wow those coils are expensive!!

If you get the 11", it will cost you a few less $$$ if you decide to get the 9". Either option is priced the same. Why not get the more expensive coil first?

I agree with Duke,

Get the larger 11" coil first then toss out a (WTB) classifies for a used 9" coil, Bet you can get it for allot less than a used 11".

Paul (Ca)

lumacurve said:
Hello all, I'm getting ready to order my new xp (after lots of research) And can't make up my mind on which coil package the 9' or 11' Most of my hunting is for old coins at old house sites or parks and sidewalks. I understand the 11' coil MAY be a little deeper but the 9" MAY be better in trash ?? It seems most of my sites have a fair amount of trash so I'm thinking the 9" but at the same time I don't want to lose any depth that the 11" has. TIH and happy hunting

It ALL depends oh how and where you hunt. Give me a ring and I will explain it all and break down the pros and cons about each coil. ;)