Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Getting another equinox 600 this evening.

bigtim1973

I had one a year or so ago. I liked it but I do not think I gave it enough time swinging it. I used it for about 2 months and sold it off.

Then I got a Vanquish 540 and it was so simple and easy and fun too. Just not enough settings.

So after having some fun with that Vanquish I decided on another 600. I think I only ran 10khz in park 1 for
the most part before as that seemed to be the most stable.

It is going to be primarily a coin shooting Unit.

Looking forward to it!!

You had multi but you only used 10khz?
The only thing that works in my dirt is multi, single frequencies just don't for some reason, even though they work fine on other brands in this same dirt.

I had one a year or so ago. I liked it but I do not think I gave it enough time swinging it. I used it for about 2 months and sold it off.

Then I got a Vanquish 540 and it was so simple and easy and fun too. Just not enough settings.

So after having some fun with that Vanquish I decided on another 600. I think I only ran 10khz in park 1 for
the most part before as that seemed to be the most stable.

It is going to be primarily a coin shooting Unit.

Looking forward to it!!
I use multi...Try it and see! You may have been missing nickles...Good luck and ask questions here! Lots of members that are willing to help you out!

You had multi but you only used 10khz?
The only thing that works in my dirt is multi, single frequencies just don't for some reason, even though they work fine on other brands in this same dirt.

I am not sure about that. Multi sure falses a lot in iron while relic hunting. The only thing I have saw multi do better is ID stuff that is deeper. And in my mild soil there did not seem to be an advantage either in single vs multi.

But what do I know. I am going to try it again.

I am not sure about that. Multi sure falses a lot in iron while relic hunting. The only thing I have saw multi do better is ID stuff that is deeper. And in my mild soil there did not seem to be an advantage either in single vs multi.

But what do I know. I am going to try it again.

Ahhhh, mild soil.
I wish I had that, mine is just the opposite and the Nox, for some reason, most of the time on single frequencies just doesn't seem to like it...at all.
Especially 4 and 5.
However I have used the 40kHz gold mode to hunt here, I like the threshold and as close to hunting in all metal with my F70 as I can get and still schizophrenic but I have been successful.
On multi, though, the thing works better than well so glad I got one choice that finds me the treasure easily and as advertised.

Well I took it out tonight in my test garden. I have a couple of coins that are deeper than average. 8 inch dime and an 11 inch nickel.

Most modern machines can touch them with the sensitivity maxed almost out. Except for the Vanquish, Deus and Orx they will hit the deeper coins good. The Vanquish was the best at getting the nickel. It really pegged it with correct ID and that was with the sensitivity no where near maxed out. I think it is due to the larger than life size of the stock coil the vanquish 540 comes with.

The XP units can hit the them as well but you have to know how to adjust them in order for them to ID correctly with the stock 9 inch HF coil. However for a 9 inch coil the XP coil is a very good performer.

The equinox did hit the deeper dime and nickel in single freq but it pegged them better and locked on with the correct ID number when I put it in multi frequency.

So anyways I really do like the unit. It has a very nice display and to me I like the configuration of the shaft even with the large stock coil. To me it balances very well.

I use multi...Try it and see! You may have been missing nickles...Good luck and ask questions here! Lots of members that are willing to help you out!

I agree..... multi frequency seems to do much better at accurately IDing nickels than any of the single frequencies in what little I tested them at my sites.

Hi bigtim
You and I seem to be on same Sort of equipment track. With the XP Orx and Deus and recently getting a Teknetics T2, plus having and selling an equinox, trying a Vanquish then going back to equinox. I still have my Orx with 9” x35 and 9” high frequency coils, and also a WS4 headset For Deus preset programs and tone options not available on the Orx. Tried out a Deus remote but wasn’t for me. Got a nice used T2 classic recently bc I missed the f75 I sold and wanted to try a t2. I sold my equinox 600 and got a vanquish 440 but didn’t at all care for it. Now that is sold and I bought another equinox 600 with 11” and 6” coils used but near new condition. I always liked the performance of the equinox. This one will be modified to either Counterbalanced s-shaft Or telescoping carbon fiber.
By the way, saw your post about docs padded controller and armrest covers and bought them as well.

The nox 800 is all I use all I need it seems try the field 2 it works great here in and around Ct I ran a deus also but I water hunt and the nox is a better water beach detector.
Mark