Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

getting back in the saddle

Furious T

Hi All. I've been away for quite a while now....have sold and bought houses.Moved to a totally new location in a new State (from NSW to Queensland, Australia), and am settling in for a quite new detecting experience. New places to find, new things to find. Have missed my times on the forum, but have not been able to keep up with everything. Still have my O8 and my Eurotek Pro (plus a few others), so I wont go wanting for entertainment. Have noticed there are new toys available and am looking forward to reading all about them and catching up generally. Good hunting to all.

Welcome back bud, I remember Furious T. Still swinging the Omega 8000 myself....along with a couple others. Good luck in your new area. HH jim tn

Thanks Jim, I noticed you are using an 8000. I still love mine, and use it in all metal mode at the beach. It does a pretty good job in the dry and damp sand...The main coil I use on it is the concentric 10" eliptical....it has served me well over the years. I have been tempted to put the small dd coil on, but just haven't got the motivation to not use the concentric. Looking forward to reading about your continuous recording of good/very good finds. HH

The 10" concentric is the only coil I've been using since I got this, my 3rd, Omega right after the first of the year. Been mostly hunting demo'ed housing sites and that coil really works well. Have some fresh water beach hunting coming up shortly and I also use all metal a lot for that kind of hunting. I haven't been posting many finds for a while, but the Omega has gotten me 60 + silver coins thus far this year along with several silver jewelry items. Although, depending on the site, it does share some hunting time with two of my other detectors, but it does see the lions share of my hunting time for older coin hunting. Take care, H jim tn

n/t

Welcome back home, FuriousT!

If you're into experimenting with different searchcoils, you might want to try the teardrop shaped concentrics that are standard on the F22 and F44. Of all our searchcoils, my favorite is the 9 inch teardrop concentric that comes standard on the F22.

Thanks Elton...I know I was absent without leave, but there were extenuating circumstances. I enjoy (and missed) some of the great discussions and information shared here on the forums. Pete

Thanks for that info, Dave J! Will the F22 etc coils work on my Omega 8000 and/or Eurotek Pro? I notice with interest the release of the Patriot. I'm wondering if it would outshine my Omega, if both fitted with concentric coils. Thanks for the welcome back.

Fratbros (Greek series) searchcoils are interchangeable, except that only the DD's are specified for use on the 19 kHz machines and some earlier machines used the push-on connector instead of the screw-on connector.

The Patriot is a high-performance machine in the same league as the F75 and T2. Whether it would "outshine your Omega" depends on how you use the machine and the search conditions; however in most cases the answer would be yes. Given that you're an experienced detectorist, the answer would very likely be yes. Revier is our fellow forum denizen expert on the F70 (same platform as Patriot) so to learn more it's good to follow his posts.

Thanks Dave, I saw some of the threads where Revier has posted, but haven't had time to sift through them yet. I'll check them out in due course. Thanks for the info. Pete