Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Getting back into the hobby with SE?

I sold my Exp 2 a few years ago and have been thinking about getting another machine to have around when I get the urge to go hunting. I talked with a friend I used to hunt with and he wants to sell his SE with a Sunray probe so he can get a new machine. He is wanting $750 which seems like a good price. I have been out of the hobby for a long time so I don't know alot about the SE. Isn't it the successor to the Exp 2? What makes the SE different than the 2? Is the price right? Any info would be appreciated.

that is a very good deal, an se with sun-ray probe. the se is better than the 2 i believe , and since you had the explorer 2 you will have no problem with the explorer se

Great machine, and with the Sunray probe, great price. :thumbup: If you get the manual with it your in business. :detecting: Just a bit on the heavy side? :unsure

I 'hate' the SE coil, you are going to want an SE Pro coil with that machine. Also be advised there were some bad SE's from the factory when they first came out, I had to go through 3 machines to get a good one. All things considered you might be better off just getting an SE Pro and be done with it.

So the SE and the SE Pro are two different models? When did the SE pro come out and what is the difference between them? Thank you everyone for your responses.

No the machines are not any different, just the coils. The Minelab SE has the slimline coil. The Minelab Explorer SE Pro has the new Pro coil which separates much better tan the old on in my opinion. More stable as well.

Feel free to contact me with any questions! Thanks, Bart.