Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Getting Back to Basics!

ToneTime

[attachment 312509 14305297719661556698466.jpg][attachment 312510 1430529828137-483179535.jpg][attachment 312511 1430529971069-384711508.jpg]
I had the compadre with me in the truck today and stopped at a lookout area for a quick hunt. I turned the disc up near tab and was just picking for some good round coin signals out of the trash. It worked out well. I found the first silver coin for me this year. 1917 merc dime at the edge. I was happy. I also picked out some modern coins a tab or two and what looks to be a hammer from a gun, I'm guessing cap gun from the looks of it. Can't beat the Compadre for a tag along.

very nice old dime ,

Way to go ToneTime. Nothing like finding a merc with the compadre. I found a 58 Rosie with mine at a campground under a tree. Not a merc, but still sweet to find silver anytime. Doesn't get much better than a compadre for a quick spur of the moment hunt. HH .

Dirtdigger33 said:
Way to go ToneTime. Nothing like finding a merc with the compadre. I found a 58 Rosie with mine at a campground under a tree. Not a merc, but still sweet to find silver anytime. Doesn't get much better than a compadre for a quick spur of the moment hunt. HH .
You got that right it's so easy to jump out of the vehicle and start detecting with the compadre! Plus I feel confident with it and it's disc abilities. I find more and more it's not always about depth but getting your coil to the right place and fast recovery of the machine. Maybe I am missing something but most older coins I am finding aren't all that deep. One place though an area with pine trees the needles build up so fast that is one place I found I needed the extra depth. I got the 7" coil on my compadre.

Nice merc! I'm finding I like the cleansweep coil for just that reason, getting the coil over more targets! I haven't found silver with it yet, but most all of the silver coins I have found were less than 5" deep. I have used Etrac, CTX, CZ's but I'm loving coming back to Tesoro lately.

I think the winged head liberty dime has the most eye appeal of all the 10¢ designs, yours is a nice example of an early dated one....congrats

Nice find! I love finding Mercury dimes, got one the other day at a totally unexpected location.