Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Getting out to detect

Mat in MA

I've had my MXT for a couple of years now and haven't really given it a good test. In the past I've been too busy with one thing or another. This year it's going to be different. Got to get out there and start finding the goodies to brag about like all the other people on the forum are doing. Wish me luck. :twodetecting:

good luck right now the only place to hunt is the beach and the mxt is the wrong detector for a wet sand beach in MA. I spent 3 days at a beach in marshfield and only found a bunch of lead weights in dry sand. Good luck maybe there will be an early spring Jim

Good luck with your hunts and think of us in this subzero weather with 8" of snow on the ground and to get 8" more snow tomorrow. HH, Nancy

Hi Mat, I know it is hard to make yourself get out there after a hard days work. I know sometimes i would think i just am to tired, but then i look at my finds and gold rings and think this might be the day i find that gold coin or that big gold ring that will pay for my MXT. I have had my MXT for about 14 years, i think that is when they came out, and have tryed them all but once you get to know that MXT you just keep going back to it. Put your best finds where you can see them and you will start going more. Get a small case and put your best finds in it by where you watch TV, before you turn the TV on look at your finds and think about how happy you were when you pulled them out. Good Luck and try to get out more, and befor long that case will be to small and you will need two of them. Flintstone

Flintstone: Thanks for the nice motivated words. I don't come home from work any more because I'm retired. It's funny, though, even when your retired you think you have enough time for everything, but you don't. Now that I'm retired I can't think how I found time to work. Things always look different on the other side of the fence when you get there. :lol:

Nancy-IL: Hunting won't be taking place for quite a while yet. Here in the Northeast it's been brutally cold as well. Usually the weather that you get will get to us a couple of days later. The ground is frozen solid and we've got another snow storm headed our way tomorrow. :cry:

I'll just have to make the best of it until Spring finally pops up it's warm glowing head and thaws the ground for us all to get out there and find the goodies. :thumbup: :usaflag: :usaf:

Oh, that stinks. I was hoping you were somewhere where the sun is shining bright and the temps were in the 70's. :cool: Stay warm!

That's strange. I thought the MXT would be good for wet ocean sand since it has the 'saft' toggle switch on it. Once balanced in the wet sand did you toggle it to the 'LOCK' potition? This is supposed to keep it constant in wet sand.you are in.

Bowser, I'm guessing your coil wasn't over any "good" targets. I've hunted in wet sand and it's a great machine. Heck, I found my first gold ring in wet sand. :thumbup:

You're right about the toggle switch Mat in MA. Lock it in salt mode after balanced. It helps a lot.

HH,
Nancy

Thanks Nancy ,i have never locked the machine, because i thought the machine would change and track to the best advantage.