Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Getting Ready For Spring!!

I use the X-terra 705 and have 4 coils and 1 extra lower shaft. Was thinking about getting another lower shaft. Then I had another idea, just get another X-terra. So the other day after I ate my lunch and popped the sack; I ordered up a X-terra 505. Shes on the Big Brown Truck headed my way. Just had to tell somebody about my new toy. Look out Silver her I come.:jump:

What four coils? I have three and am considering adding another but can't decide. I have both ends covered with the 6" DDs and the 9"CC in the middle.

My big coils are ready for the ground to thaw so we can hit the fields. :biggrin:

If I had it to do over again I think I would have 3 coils. Whatever stock coil that came on the detector and two others. When I bought mine, the gold pack coil was not available so I have the 9" concentric which I haven't had on the detector in nearly two years. I always recommend to anyone interested in buying a 705 to get the gold pack coil just because the HF coils are very forgiving (more sensitive may be a better choice of words) and have what appears to be faster recovery time when scanning over items.

I'd have a hard time picking between the two 10.5" coils. Lately, I've been favoring the MF but in years past I've found most of my stuff with the HF. I've never found anything notable with the 6" MF coil but the HF coil is a must have for trashy or tight locations. Don't get me wrong, I use them all throughout the year (except the 9" concentric) but 90% of the time I'm using one of the two 10.5" coils and then occasionally the 6" DD HF coil.

We've been working a local 1800's property and I've used every coil but the 9" concentric. The next decent day we have, I'm going to give it a shot and see if I come up with anything that the the other coils haven't recovered.

if I had to sell off one of the coils the 6" MF would be the first to go. We sometimes have 3 or 4 of us out detecting with 705's so although I typically only use two coils on an outing it's nice that I'm able to share any of the other coils if someone wants to give them a go. When I first bought my detector I was really just trying to experiment by buying so many coils but I eventually found out that most of them have their place depending on where we are detecting.