Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ghost towns, mining towns.????

beachguy777

I just realized that I might have the next 3 days off, our country band had to cancel our gig due to bass player being gone and all alternate bass players busy, soo..., What about going to some ghost towns either in So. Calif. or Nevada, near where I live. I got on the internet and typed in ghost towns, and I'm ready to freak. I don't know about your guys, but I think I'd almost give my left (you know what) to go detect one of these towns after looking at some of the pictures. One of them named Goldfield, where Wayatt and Virgil Earp used to live for a while is 90 miles or so from Tonapa Nevada. Man what an exciting town, but..., can we detect there without being shot. Don't know yet, and it might be tough to ask the locals. You know what I'm really thinking here is probably a stupid attack, but here's how I see it. If I ask the locals if it's ok they may say no. Then if I do it, they may kill me or run me out of town on a rail. If I don't say anything and try and be descrete, they may turn the other way or maybe not. What do you think??? Having a minor "brain hemmorhage here", or a stupid attack. :)

I'm sorry fellas. I know how the game's played here and pretty much everywhere. If you don't ask permission, you take your chances, unless it's a public place, then you still take your chances if you run into "Buba" the sheriff or someone who doesn't think you ought to be there detecting. Darn. I wish it wasn't so tricky, but I think that's about it. You know, in a weird, somewhat perverted way, I can almost see how men become outlaws. They want it so bad, thy're willing to step outside the law and go for it. The next email you get might be me on the county jail computer. I hope not, but, that's how the temptation can get you if you take the chance.:geek::):O

Ok..., put me on the prayer list, charging up the batteries, mid life crisis, gettin' the dog ready to go, goin' to the bank for money for Motel 6, goin' to Nevada!!! Wish me luck??

Good luck.

Sorry to hear about your plans being changed! I could tell that you were really looking forward to your trip!

Also, bad luck for your sister! I know she was looking forward to cutting-off any hair that was long enough and offering it for sale!

Thankyou Mike, I'll be careful. There's aparantly a bunch of these towns not too far from each other, but some are occupied and some are not. I'm trying to do some reasarch before I go, but even if they're not occupied, I'm still leary of John Law showing up and whatever!!!. I'll let you guys know what happens.:)

This one town named Goldfield, where Wyatt Earp lived for a while, the bio on it says on the west side of town its a treasure hunters paradise. I hope that means, (any treasure hunter) not just the appointed ones who got written permission, or whateve. At any rate, I know I need to be very careful. Honestly, I'd rather go to jail than lose my detector. Doing both would be terrible.:)