Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

GIANT coin found yesterday!

gfatizzi

So I was hunting my favorite park yesterday and found a virgin section in the back corner of the park. It was on the other side of the fence of the 1st base line where the bleachers and dug out are located. I was using the NEL Sharpshooter and it's a good thing I was because the targets were extremely plentiful to say the least! Even though I only found one wheat penny among all the modern clad, I KNOW there is going to be older coins beneath the shallow layer because the dimes and quarters I found were very orange and the memorials were green as they were sitting a LONG time. One hole had 4 quarters and a dime in the same hole so this is going to make some great future hunting for sure. This Eisenhower bi-centennial dollar coin is my 1st in 25 years of detecting and it is HUGE! When I 1st dug it, I couldn't figure out what it was because I've never actually dug one before. HH, George

Attachments

• PXL_20220708_223820548.jpg
    PXL_20220708_223820548.jpg
    845.2 KB · Views: 134
  • PXL_20220708_223928875.jpg
    PXL_20220708_223928875.jpg
    684.1 KB · Views: 131
A bicentennial Ike dollar!!! Sweet find and yes, they are large!! Congratulations George!

Nice find!

I have two Ike’s now and at first my thought was flattened can. Kinda makes ya jump when it comes up outta the ground!!!! Good find!