Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Given your "Druthers".......

Druid

Just for fun, imagine that you have the final say in Minelab's Engineering and Product development department.
You have been assigned to produce the new Explorer III and it is your call what to add or change on the new Explorer platform.......

I am adding a high definition color display that is mounted on an adjustable swivel on top of the hand-grip so now I can set the angle to my own physical dimensions for optimum viewing.
You?

Drew.:beers:

i would like the screen found on etracs displaying digital and smart screen info and also the sensitivaty set up etrac uses

YES digital AND smartfind on the same screen; improve the pinpoint function (mine simply acts "screwy" sometimes); de-sensitize the DD coil on shallow targets along the OUTER FRINGES of the coil -- i.e. make it hotter down the center and less on the edges; and MAKE IT LIGHTER in weight and more ergonomic. :) And yes, the swivel and larger, higher-res display...

Steve

I would like to be able to rotate the coil at a 90 degree angle so when you are in a tight spot and no room to swing rotate the coil and push pull the detector. I would also like to see the the coil and rod have a molded plug in the lower rod. that would make coil changing so simple.

I'd like the ability to add an "alert" screen pattern for potential coin signals under trash. Maybe the alert could be a simple beep. For example, those that start "highish" but then quickly cut off and drops low because of a low tone shallow pulltab. Coin signals that run between quarter and bottlecap on the right side of the screen. Nickel signals that run from nickel to upper left corner iron In high trash the cursor and tones sometimes take a standard path on the screen for coins under junk and sometimes we pass those up. Allow the user to make an "alert" pattern and let the computer work more.

I'd like a color OLED screen like the Samsung Galaxy.

Howabout putting in deep coin signals that we can select and listen to anytime? I can never remember what a fattie indian sounds like, why not just allow me to select it any time I want.

Clock of course

Work on the processing speed people. No reason we should have a great detector as slow as jelly.... not now days. Give us a coil boost.... more power more power. Lets work on those jumpy digits and smartscreen. Trigger for pinpoint. Redesign the rod... maybe a stright rod how cool. How about INLINE probe standard? I agree id love to be able to READ the screen in the sun. You have the silver down... lets work on the GOLD. Water proof the bad boy... its the wave of the future.

Dew

Here are my top three:
Reduce the weight
Reduce the weight
Reduce the weight

These would be followed by improved durability and more reliable connections in the power housing. Need to have higher power coils since many users going to Sun Ray and other places for their coils.

If possible, all I would want is more depth on small coin targets without losing any of this machine's discrimination. Like to pick up a dime and know it's a dime at 16 inches.

Half the weight
Waterproof to 20'
Fix Smart Screen jumping cursor deal
Less than $1000
That would be some HH!
BF

Ya i think its time someone stepped up and put a decent warranty thats transferable.... i mean weak warranties tell me you dont have faith in the produce you are putting out. Id fall off my chair if they EVER produced an explorer under $1000.

Dew

These are some awesome suggestions and I agree with almost all of them...

I LOVE the idea of "put some deep coin signals in the machine to listen to," kind of like a built-in emulator. Lower price and more depth are probably not going to happen, at least not appreciably. Better screen, better warranty, less-bouncy cursor/digital numbers, inline probe standard, trigger pinpoint, LIGHTER/different rod/more ergonomic, easier coil changes...

WOW. This would be SOME machine...

Steve

I would vote for the "star trek tricorder" feature set.

Ya know, able to detected everything and pinpoint "exactly" where it is (heh heh heh).

Ive seen the star trek tricorders on the net.....now days they call them long range locators (LRL) able to find gold at 25 yards. You want to buy a bridge? Ive got the London bridge i can sell you... if you want to take a look i have it set up right now in AZ.

Pretty much what folks have been asking for since the Explorer came out. Unfortunately when everyone agrees that a lighter machine and steadier cursor would be great - ML will address something like the "deep coin sound emulator". It is fine and a nice idea, but not exactly what a 12 year user wants. I am almost ready to purchase another brand, mostly because I get too tired swinging the heavy Explorer. I love the machine but what else can I do? How many other customers has ML lost simply with the above two items not being addressed? I would say a lot. Maybe they addressed the jumping cursor on the eTrac - I have never seen one of those.

My advise to ML: If you cannot really make it go deeper or perform better, then make it waterproof, or lightweight, or give a more reliable ID (or all three). Give it something that your customers think is of value enough to make them buy the thing again. You have lost my next purchase.

On to lighter things HH - BF

HUD in a set of 3D glasses with a radar map of what the machine is seeing under the ground. Why Not???

Jeff

For me, I would like to see Minelab incorporate the depth indicator on the full screen display.
Waterproofing the SE Pro would be nice, but since it is not, Minelab was able to sell me an Excalibur II. So I don't see the SE Pro becoming waterproof any time soon in the future.
It would be nice to have more User settings, such as User A, B, C, & D instead of just A & B.
Including an instructional DVD would have been very beneficial and helpful. Even Bounty Hunter provides one, you would think Minelab could as well. Chris