Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Giving back to the hobby

JohnSilver

I have been reading post's for years, and have enjoyed all the treasure hunting stories from the greats that post here and on other forums, and like many people
I have seen my finds diminishing as the years goes by, I still hit hot spots know and then, but not like the old days, one hot spot kept me going all summer.
So what do you guys think about giving back, I look at all the coins and rings I have found, most are not worth a whole lot, (the sentimental value is huge)
but when I am gone, who really will care, So I have been thinking of giving Back.
How?............by tracing back over my 40 years of metal detecting and reseeding all the parks, ball fields, beaches, woods, trails, graveyards (just Kidding)
with my old finds, I'm not saying give up your best stuff, but a hand full of wheats and a few silver, sure would go a long way.
Think of it as "Catch and release" maybe take a picture of that 1943 wheat and put it back in the ground for the next guy, or you can be cruel and put a new
memorial Penny, LOL, how do you think all those deep new coins are found deeper than old coins, just a thought.
Happy Hunting John

Yes it could be Like a Good omen, How do the New clad Dimes get 9" I was at a old Park with the SE-Pro and i thought YESS!!!!!
So do we cach N releace 4R are friends so we can watch??? or Strangers 4R a Good omen???? Mickfin