Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Giving that the ETrac is not an Explorer, and thinking out of the box, maybe the Gain function and the Sensitivity are corelated on this thing like th

digitrich

On the DFX, their Is a relationship between the pre amp gain and the AC sensitivity. Same deal on the F-75. Now that ML has seen fit to give us the suggested sensitivity level on the ETrac it should be possible to go to a site, lower ones gain and see if that gives you the ability to turn up the sensitivity while still maintaining stability and decreasing falses. I know on my SE there is definitely a gain/ sensitivity relationship where many times if it runs sloppy, I can turn down my gain and bump up my sensitivity giving me more depth and better ID accuracy with less falsing.

You may just be on to something. My DFX was lousy when the balance was cranked. I always wanted to crank the sens up and now run it at 67 with a pre amp of 3 or 4. This has INCREASED my depth and stability. Remember when it's too hot, it's too hot on iron and ground minerals too. Good point Digitrich. Can't wait for that book. Maybe the control relationship will be clearer.

The DFX preamp gain controls the strength of the signal coming from the coil. An adjustment to that signal increases the strength of all signals and interference (thats why it is set first). The Volume gain on the E-trac is an audio amplification that boosts the audio response of weak target responses and has less effect on strong responses. Overall the functions of the two are different. The volume gain is all about "hearing" low audio responses, not affecting the target signal. I guess there is still a bit of a correlation.... Obviously if you run the E-trac sensitivity to the point of falsing, then raise the audio volume gain, you will also raise the "strength" of what you hear, but have not affected the overall signal.

I don't know Crash, I just would notice that once I turned my gain above 7 on both my SE's, they would start to false when bumped or over dense iron and once the gain was lowered to 6 and 7, the falsing would stop, even when I turned up the sensitivity some. That's why I am asking:shrug: