Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

glad this forum is here

mikzz

I am glad this forum is here. cos one of the biggest problems we have here in oz in particular is that you don't run into other users in the field to compare notes with. or ask silly questions about the machine. compared to the amount of ml users you meet who just say things like, a ml is what you should have bought for Aussie conditions. I personally read all I could on the finny before I bought it both the good and the bad and made up my mind based on what I wanted in a detector, and I have to point out that if I want to spend a day digging up sub gram nuggets I will spend the day digging in the creeks with a sluice and be guaranteed gold for the day. So I am a happy infinium owner, happy to learn about my machine and glad you guys are here so I can ask silly questions.

I have not seen any silly questions on this forum mate. If you don't ask questions either verbally or in thought then it is difficult to learn or discover anything

agreed I was always taught that the only silly question was the one that wasn't asked. my point is that because there doesn't seem to be many people in the field to run into and compare notes I am glad there is somewhere to look for answers

Yes we are a very thinly scattered breed of animal.
I have been detecting for a very long time and I have only ever encountered about half a dozen other detectorists that have been working in the same area as myself, and then only one at a time,
If you want to hook up with other detectorists then joining a detecting club is not a bad way to go; Speaking for myself, I prefer to be on my own but if somebody else rocks up I don't mind a bit of a chat.

Well I for one have a Silly Question , Can I be a MATE if i'm not an oz (or aussie) but a fellow Finnyman ?

also Ghost Master Adrian - did U receive the bedraggled coil thus far ? Ken~Digs

Re: Coils
I have had 2 8 inch Mono Coils go bad and 1 10X14 stock coil go bad, cracked I am told by Garrett.
I think they have been bounced around too much in the back of my 4x4 Expedition.
The last coil I got (straight from Garrett) is the 10X14 MONO and it is super nice. Runs real steady,
wide coverage and a joy to use. I am going to make sure it is well padded when it goes for a ride.
Incidentally I also had the meter quit on my Compass Gold Scanner Pro around the same time, must
be my driving or the dirt trails I have run on.
Rich

of course KD everyones a mate to an Aussie, I generally go out with a mate just for safety but hes running a ml so I cant compare machine peculiarities but I am not a club type of person I hate politics and the so called experts on ever type of machine but only one opinion if you know what I mean. now for a question do you think garrett continiualy tweek the performance of there machines.cos ive been finding some very small sub gram lead

Ken~Digs said:
Well I for one have a Silly Question , Can I be a MATE if i'm not an oz (or aussie) but a fellow Finnyman ?

also Ghost Master Adrian - did U receive the bedraggled coil thus far ? Ken~Digs

No the coil has not arrived yet. Usually takes 14 to 20 working days from the States to Australia.

Anybody who is a friend. Pal, Bud,Close associate, etc is a mate.:cheers:...... Not the kind of Mate you climb in the sack with,:cheekkiss: That kind of mate is a tad different:inlove:

Now listen here Mates try and get this Straight - I do know the difference of a MATE and a Mate,
My one True MATE is the Gal I used ta date - and we get along pretty swell as of late,
I had me lots of MATES lasted One-Night late - some of them too Crazy had to set them straight
so now I'm left with Finnyman mates and my MATE - but I have no complaints cause everything seems great.

Finny Master Adrian - I figured it hadn't shown up yet.

mikzz ~ I hunt with a couple ML Dudes once in a while , they didn't even know what my Finny was till i explained but my Gal reported how deep we were diggin' to them & they started paying some attention . I'm not a long time nuggetshooter but will be as time goes on (unless cut short for some reason) I just do research before i've purchased - unbiased delving. Nobody but me & Gal pay our bills, I cant afford to be closed minded or pre-disposed to Any notions on Mining, Prospecting, Treasure research & hunting, etc. So far the 2 I use have not really any lack of performance on their part but i sure have on some learning Curves, I know i've missed some good stuff by taking some Signal too serious & slight ones not serious enough. I found a tiny meteorite with Finny at 7-8" down that Lobo didnt hear. On sub-gram (if they've tweaked ongoing) Ghost master , ivanll & a few others here prolly know. I suspect they've all been pretty capable .. . . . . . Thanks for the support mates, Ken~Digs

Ok! I thought as a Finny Mate I would check in here. The few and the fortunate. Hey mikzz - if your not interested in the sub-gram stuff does that mean your pulling chunks of the mellow yellow from the ground with your Finny?? If so could you post some photos?? Some of us Mates only have sub-gram goodies to hunt for so would be nice to see some clunkers that the Finny has found.
K~D - I never realized you were a Poet! Keep it coming -

F-Ghost - PM Replied to, Thanks

Ray , I'm also a musician of bout 45 yrs. or longer (i'm 54) that was a 5 min. diddy. Remind me AU if I forget i Have some Cool stuff to show from Finny if In can round it up - somes in Calif. (no yelow Biggun's unearthed yet) but believe i've got a couple poss. lunkers to get back to. Tomorrow afternoon I'll try and round up the Finny Finds I have here & load Pic

Ken

There's an old Australian stockman lying, dying. He gets himself up onto one elbow
and 'e turns to his mates, who are all gathered around and 'e says . . . .

[size=medium]Rolf[/size]

Hahahaha - ok you made me smile again this morning. Would love to see some Finny finds - I'll check back

[size=medium]Watch me wallabies feed, mate
Watch me wallabies feed,
They're a dangerous breed, mate
So watch me wallabies feed[/size] . . . Rolf

Glad You got a smile & I noticed Your Tool List : )

au79 said:
Would love to see some Finny finds - I'll check back

Past forum activities have proved to upsets some people when finds are posted in pictures, so we try to keep it to a minimum in order to keep it civil.
WA_Gold.jpg

Support is a two way action.

ivanll
:ausflag:

I like You Pic ivanll but I can only see the thumb-n

Finny Finds ~ Southern oregon lake (June ?) only 3rd. top is poss. lead . I dont know what some is, there's a creek called Sterling nearby & mixture placer (Gold,silver, plat.) I need a Metallurgical course. the 2 Little red pebbles (cinnabar ?) read Finny & Lobo. Duckbill is a Downrigger planer/diver. I didn't clean up anything , i still cant find the Duckbill - I found a Pic of it i took.

ivanll - nice smiley face! This is a case where one picture is worth thousands.

K~D - the stuff we can't identify is educational material :0) I have a large pile of educational material myself. Aren't those bobbie pins fun with their low/high tone and hard to pinpoint and at times will reverse disc out. Hey, that duckbill is a bank anchor! I have used them before in stream bank restoration. There is a tool that fits into the duck bill end. It is driven into a bank and when pulled on the bill causes it to turn side ways, then brush rolls or unlimbed trees are tethered to it to protect the bank from erosion.
I need to get busy with my camera!
I'm heading for trophy nugget (Az.) country this winter!!! woohoo!

Good luck digging!

Good to know bout the Duckbill , it was where the current & wind blows the logs that surface from years at bottom of lake, they have to round them up there cause they come right to the swimming beach. We're waiting for the bank to hear about our last (had to bump it up) offer at T-nugget country. Your welcome to look us up , it's one of the main reasons we're moving to Bradshaw mts. Ray, You'd be welcome to stay there & I should know some spots by then (I'll be working on the house alot too) .The small flake gold I didn't bothr with. i've only got a small part of my Finny finds with me. all of my Meteorites are back in Calif. Ken. oh Also . . . .

Keep me cockatoo cool, Curl,
Keep me cockatoo cool
Ah, don't go acting the fool, Curl
Just keep me cockatoo cool . . . Rolf

ivanll said:
au79 said:
Would love to see some Finny finds - I'll check back

Past forum activities have proved to upsets some people when finds are posted in pictures, so we try to keep it to a minimum in order to keep it civil.
WA_Gold.jpg

Support is a two way action.

ivanll
:ausflag:

Hey ivanll, I think I remember that picture (LOL)!!! Do you still have that gold or has long since been sold???

How much gold would you say (weight) is there in that picture???:yikes::please::please::please:

All the best:cheers: