Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

GMT, GMZ or TDI for Nuggets?

BeachBumm

Looking at the best nugget machine under $1k. Have seen some bad reviews on the Minelab Eureka but there is the Minelab Xterra 70 & 705, Lobo Super Traq and Fisher GB's to consider too. I don't need a multi-pupose detector, just a really good, dedicated gold machine (under $1K). Any opinions? Sincerely appreciate any feedback, advice and especially your opinions.

HH, Mark

I ended up buying my wife and I GMT's mainly from what I've seen. the guy that runs promack mining shop in quartz site said when he goes out detecting he can use any detector in the shop and he takes a gmt and he has gold to back it up. I've seen it. now i have run across prospectors here in ca that spent time in quartzsite and they have gmt's and they say brad at promack influenced them and they have gold. our first detectors were scorpions and my wife had trouble ground balancing it so i bought here a gmt with auto ground balance. at home i had a flake of gold glued to a poker chip about the size of the letter e in this reply and the gmt picked it up . iwas impressed so i bought one for me . the gold bugs also get the small flakes of gold but they are manual ground balance which can be a hassle in soil with constantly changing conditions. they say a lot of detectors find gold in manual ground balance, well you can put a gmt in manual and its so easy to balance ,you just push a button and pump it once and done , no knobs to twirl no hassle. in fact to help you you can call brad at promack treasure hunting shop in quartzsite phone no 928-927-7750 cell 480-907-8840 I hope this is some help Mike

I wonder how the TDI compairs to the minelab pi's. I hear they don't go as deep but do i want to dig a bunch of 2-3 ft holes.you know the price sure is right in fact if i hear a lot of good stuff from people that use them i might consider one to complement my GMT and have the best of both worlds.

You wont find a TDI under a grand and unless its in really mineralized ground the GMT will find smaller gold than the TDI can see.If I was hunting an area known for decent size nuggets,the TDI is probably the way Id go.Theres quite a bit to take into consideration when choosing.Ground mineralization and location are biggies.If I were to be hunting along a river/creek with a lot of exposed bedrock there wouldnt be much sense in running the TDI.Is the gold in your area predominantly small with the occasional picker? If so,the GMT would probably have the advantage over a pulse unit.

The TDI is great for gold, you can also coin shoot or beach hunt, lots of coil selections. I think the TDI is the most versatile pulse machine out. The Garret Infiniumis great for gold too, may fit your budget as well.