Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

God had me in the right place at the right time, last night.

Steve 1280x user

We have monthly fellowship nights at our Church, ours was last night. A man attends that uses oxygen 100% of the time, one of them portable Inogen things. A fitting holding the oxygen tube to the body of the unit failed and pulled out, that man was in dire straits RIGHT NOW, panicking and hyper ventilating...... Pastor and I sprung into action, nobody else knew what to do. My God given common sense and many years spent "MACK -GYVER' ing this and that to get things to work saved the day. We took a hollow plastic coffee stirring stick from the kitchen and shoved one end of it into the unit housing (A PERFECT FIT,NO LESS!), and I cut a tapered end on the other end of that stirring stick with my trusty small pocketknife I carry on my key ring, then I jammed it into the oxygen line attached to the headset that he wears. Turned her on, and VOILA', WE HAVE OXYGEN FLOWING! He was soon ok, getting a new unit today........
I'd hate to think of the alternative, had we not been there. That man was shaking and terrified, and God made sure that unit did not break until this guy was with us. Thank you, Lord, for putting us where we were needed. Amen. PS: i have to say that : It's kinda irritating, when others just sit back and watch when another is going through serious issues like this. But, our God given wisdom came through!

Well done! I've also been known to make quick fixes from nothing too. One of my FEW abilities. Don't compare yourself to that anti-gun actor/clown show! I only seen maybe 5 minutes of it and he couldn't open a valve with a 2' wrench and dropped it. He then took the cylinder out of an evil small revolver, put it on the valve and shut it. Hollywood.....

Well Done to you and your pastor for springing into action when the time was of essence. God had a grip on this situation. He had you and the pastor on site. Love to hear these Positive and Happy Endings. (y)

Sometimes people just know what to do while others that just stood by do not know what to do and will just stand by and watch ( staying out of the way). Yes you and your Pastor were in the right place at the right time :)