Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Goin' To Florida - Anything I should know about?

A

Anonymous

I'm leaving next weekend with the family for a vacation near the Fort Myers area. I'm taking my Explorer II and plan on hitting the beaches a few days for some Treasure Hunting fun. Anything I should be aware of other than getting salt water in my machine? I've hunted in Ohio for years with no hassle and expect the same in Florida. I've read some old posts that make me wonder if I'm even a American citizen anymore. Any input on the subject? Thanks in advance for your response. Good Luck in your Treasure adventures everyone.

Shouldn't be any problem..The state parks are funny,,least Cape San Blas was,,Of course national seashores are out,Happy hunting,,,cs

Exp II is great on the beach and you can submerge the coil but any saltwater in the guts is sudden death. Be careful.
Ft Myers beach is great for detecting but you will be hitting spring break time and lots of snow birds so best to go early or late in the day unless it is cold and rainy.
FMB in not virgin detecting territory and gets hit every day. Lots of public beaches up and down the coast that can be good at times.
Good luck and have fun, keep your head down or you will be blinded by all of the teen bikinis.
Chuck SWF

went to sebastian inlet... found nothing of value...best time to search: just after a storm... good luck...lou