Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Going out tomorrow for an all day TRUE relic hunt with the T2

Scott Maine

For ya'll who want to know how it works in celar holes...relic fields..iron trash....moderately mineralized soil....well tomorrow will tell. Should be a full day tomorrow and most of the weekend too.
Including hun ting some tidal river banks.
Been playing with my new T2 today...but I can't run detectors near my house as I live right on the Piscataqua river that seperates Maine and NH. I have a weather bouy about 150 feet out my windo in the river and that darn thing transmits every minute or so and NO detector will run quiet in my yard. So you have to run sens on any detector below half. So yard testing only tells me it's working.
Scott

Looking forward to hearing how it does for you there. Did you feel like I did when I first got one? That there was a control missing :)
Something about only seeing two controls on the front messed with my mind for a bit :lol: But it went away.

Good hunting to you :thumbup:

I actualy loved the single menu button single knob setup from the R1 years ago...took getting used to on that one but I grew to love it.
I like the balance of this detector and the coil is not as big as it apeared in the pic which is great.
By 5:00 PM tomorrow my T2 will covered in mud and dirt. We hump it hard when we go.
Scott

The T2 shows some promise. Basically everything I heard in previous posts seems correct. My ground reads about 85 phase and an Fe content of 1.0.
I was happy I could run it near max sens....I had to drive a few miles away to do that as I have alot of interfence here.
Very nicely made detector, well balanced.
Tomorrow will be all day in the field....and at some serious tough areas...I don't detect easy sites...I leave that for Garrett users.....just kidding....:)
So no reason to post anything said before...other than at first it appears to hold potential as an alternate choice to the big 5 manufacturers....and no it IS NOT A BOUNTY HUNTER...please don't insult it by thinking that.
Scott

Isnt this new Tek made by First Texas? Dont they make the detectors Wal mart sells? Are any smaller coils available for those machines?
Just curious if there will be any smaller coils for the t2 at some point. Years ago I owned an 8500b and Mark 1 by Tek. Awesome machines.

First Texas bought the Teknetics line.....shoot...15 years ago maybe...I forget exactly.....but the teknetics line is not Bounty Hunter.
As for coils there is no real news yet I have heard but obviously they will release more coils...when is the big question.
Scott

As I understand it, Teknetics once owned Bounty Hunter!

Teknetics was started in the early 80's by former Whites engineers. They made high tech detectors and were successful for a time but made some bad business decisions. One of them was buying Bounty Hunter because BH had a deal to provide detectors to Montgomery Ward. (Wards stopped selling detectors soon after.)

Both the BH and Teknetics brands were later bought up by First Texas.

EC