Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Going to Hawaii, which do I take? Excal or Dual Field?

Can't help you on choice; don't have a clue what the beach is like there. I like to travel with two detectors when I fly. Have it worked out to load up a big suitcase with two detectors, a travel scoop, accessories and cloths and keep it just under 50 pounds. When I pack the Excal, it has the knob guard on to help make sure that the knobs don't get whacked if things shift when the bag gets thrown. They do throw bags loading and unloading.
Best of luck on your trip!
tvr

Tough decision here. I personally wouldn't go without both machines. I've had too many problems with Excals over the years to chance it. When I travel with my detectors I can get My PI Pro and my Excal control, headphones and coils in my carry-on bag. Shafts and scoop go in with the luggage. If I had to choose I'd take the PI machine. Only my opinion but good luck either way. Let us know how you do.

I have never been to Hawaii, but I am told the beaches are volcanic sand.

Makes sense since all the Hawaiian islands are volcanic.

That means the mineralization is going to be pretty bad.

I am thinking your best best would be your PI detector.

Why not do a forum search on "Hawaii" and see what you find?