Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Going to LBI nj

Report your finds!!!

So LBI was kind of a bust. Need more time there and better tide times I really want to get out in the water. I did score some clad and caps. Also the beach I'm on is turned over with a tractor every morning not sure if that affected my results.

Attachments

• 20230819_083259.jpg
    20230819_083259.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 44
So LBI was kind of a bust. Need more time there and better tide times I really want to get out in the water. I did score some clad and caps. Also the beach I'm on is turned over with a tractor every morning not sure if that affected my results.
Raking or plow.
Any machine movement of sand makes objects go deeper.
Have to go low an slow and listen for the whispers.
Or get a Big coil.

Raking or plow.
Any machine movement of sand makes objects go deeper.
Have to go low an slow and listen for the whispers.
Or get a Big coil.
It was one of these beasts and I'm assuming they have a coin and gold collecter build in lol 😆. All the stuff I found was in dry sand and was about 8 at 10 inches in they rang great sand is loose from grooming. I wanted to get in the low tide area do some looking in the swim area but it was always so busy at low tide time. Maybe next year. For now I'll hammer the PA hills

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230819_155059_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230819_155059_Chrome.jpg
    194.4 KB · Views: 38
It was one of these beasts and I'm assuming they have a coin and gold collecter build in lol 😆. All the stuff I found was in dry sand and was about 8 at 10 inches in they rang great sand is loose from grooming. I wanted to get in the low tide area do some looking in the swim area but it was always so busy at low tide time. Maybe next year. For now I'll hammer the PA hills
Yup
They use something similar on my favorite beaches.
I have the best luck in winter.
Especially after a good NorEaster on lake Erie.

Times they are a changin.... I live in Point Pleasant and the coin totals are waaaaayyyyy down. Not many people use cash any more.. ON LBI, no need for cash at the beach. As far as jewelry,
there's little to none and mostly all fake crap. Today a guy asked me to look for his 'silver' bracelet. I found it in one swing. Iy was just silver plated copper, junk. I was shocked when he handed me a $20. Thanks, paid for the gas this week !!!

Its mighty slim pickins out there nowadays. There probably good stuff just off shore but have had and wave or wind action to bring it in. The Atlantic is usually too rough to hunt in the water,
Just as you plant yourself to dig, a wave will knock you down. The other problem with LBI is it has all been replenished as most of the Jersey shore after hurricane Sandy

Next time, head up to Harvey Cedars and Loveladies. Where the $$$ is. Plus if there's any surf & winds, it usually will erode up there.

Better luck next year !!!

HH
Donna(NJ)

I have detected right behind those machines and have found coins… from what I have seen, they pick up bigger items like cans, plastic bags, and such.

Times they are a changin.... I live in Point Pleasant and the coin totals are waaaaayyyyy down. Not many people use cash any more.. ON LBI, no need for cash at the beach. As far as jewelry,
there's little to none and mostly all fake crap. Today a guy asked me to look for his 'silver' bracelet. I found it in one swing. Iy was just silver plated copper, junk. I was shocked when he handed me a $20. Thanks, paid for the gas this week !!!

Its mighty slim pickins out there nowadays. There probably good stuff just off shore but have had and wave or wind action to bring it in. The Atlantic is usually too rough to hunt in the water,
Just as you plant yourself to dig, a wave will knock you down. The other problem with LBI is it has all been replenished as most of the Jersey shore after hurricane Sandy

Next time, head up to Harvey Cedars and Loveladies. Where the $$$ is. Plus if there's any surf & winds, it usually will erode up there.

Better luck next year !!!

HH
Donna(NJ)
Thanks for the advise and the good wishes for next year. I had forgotten about them dredging all that sand back to shore after the storms. It's cool you could get that guy his stuff back and be rewarded. We have done a week in the same place for 15 + years and this is my first year swinging, I was happy to find anything 😀 looking forward to next year